Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

Nice post, So i saved my SHSH through tinyumbrella a week ago and it doeskin update in Cydia? IS that OK or should I see it at the top of the homepage?

Quote Originally Posted by raceking777 View Post
    Nice post, So i saved my SHSH through tinyumbrella a week ago and it doeskin update in Cydia? IS that OK or should I see it at the top of the homepage?
    if tinyumbrealla saved your shsh you hav it saved cydia takes a lil bit to show it

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Ya sometimes it takes a while to show up in cydia. You would only be able to save 4.1 (and 4.2b3) SHSH now though unless you saved them previously when Apple was still signing the earlier firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Ya sometimes it takes a while to show up in cydia. You would only be able to save 4.1 (and 4.2b3) SHSH now though unless you saved them previously when Apple was still signing the earlier firmwares.
    Yeah, I just got those 2, the 4.1 showed up in cydia and the 4.2b3 still has not

Thanks

Its ok if it doesnt, just use tiny umbrella to save what you can and you will be covered.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

x98car. I'm impressed The additions to post #1 are great. Can't thank you enough.

To me, it always appeared the issues/solutions for unlockers were mostly hit and miss, always taking back-stage to the excitement of the lastest jb'ing tool.

I wish it were possible to make this 'more' than a sticky
    Last edited by Mes; 11-21-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ya I agree, to me unlocking is just as important as jailbreaking living in Bermuda. No official carriers here. So its either pay a lot for a factory unlocked (mine cost me just over $1100) or be dependant on software unlocks. Have to be very careful with iPhones and updates

Thanks
    Thanked 10,058 Times in 6,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Is Puma.leaf the new Annie? Well I never....
    No, Annie is now the new Puma.Leaf. lolz,

hey Ben, how are you my friend.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

And yeow202 is now the new iYeow inspired by Annie, the new Puma.Leaf

Thanks

Unlock has been important to me for 3 1/2 years now. I'm about to byte (yuk yuk) the bullet and by a factory unlocked phone I think and not have to worry about this anymore, besides being on T-Mo, I travel and need to slip an prepaid in sometimes. Just hate paying all those bucks, (imagine how many outfits or purses or even some new wheels for my car).

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    No, Annie is now the new Puma.Leaf. lolz,

hey Ben, how are you my friend.
    I'm great! How did the upgrade go?

I need a new "handle"!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-21-2010)

Thanks

Tell me what you want Ben and I will hook ya up.

Actually I haven't upgraded yet. Trying to wait for 4.2 firmware and J/B to come out. It's my baby.
    I have been having issues with Cydia since I first J/B this phone about a month or so ago. Now getting worse, safe mode, every time I install or delete something in Cydia, I have to do a hard re-boot to take effect, driving me nuts.
    But is my baby and just trying to hang on till the new stuff is out, but may do it soon.
    Wow, long story, sorry.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-21-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

eyeRobot (11-21-2010), Manjeetbhalru (11-25-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have a feeling you're gonna do it B, lol. You can't stand the bugs on your phone for much longer haha. Btw, iYeow, love the new name. Maybe if Cody will let me in a few months when I feel like it, I'll go back to being Annie, except iAnnie lol, but that's plagiarism

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

...besides being on T-Mo, I travel and need to slip an prepaid in sometimes...
    Same here. Left Verizion 15+ Yrs ago for GSM freedom. Use a different SIM in every country. Send a text back home, this is my current #, call-me if u need me. Cheap cheap. And with Fring (and the old Siphon) slip takes care of everything else

Sure wish I could afford a factory unlocked unit .. or even get an AT&T unit unlocked after contract.

I'll have a think about a new name :-)

Guess it's not worth upgrading to 4.1 if you think apple will release 4.2 before the end of November (hopefully pwnagetool shortly afterwards - I'll send you the new file!). It's pretty quick process to upgrade to 4.1 first though if the phone's being that troublesome in the interim.

Can I be iRobot or is that taken?

A cheap option for you guys might be to get an O2 locked phone from the UK and pay 15 to get it properly unlocked out of contract. Better than the AT&T option....
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 11-21-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    I have a feeling you're gonna do it B, lol. You can't stand the bugs on your phone for much longer haha. Btw, iYeow, love the new name. Maybe if Cody will let me in a few months when I feel like it, I'll go back to being Annie, except iAnnie lol, but that's plagiarism
    Yes, I agree, Cody doesn't mind at all. PM him and have him change it. I love iAnnie. I was the one that came up with iYeow and used a Marian type font for his siggy. Tee hee..................

And you are so right, these errors are driving me nuttier then usual.
    I'll have a think about a new name :-)

Soory that is taken.

Can I be iRobot or is that taken?
    Sorry that is taken.

A cheap option for you guys might be to get an O2 locked phone from the UK and pay 15 to get it properly unlocked out of contract. Better than the AT&T option....
    Well, I have my friend iYeow in Canada looking for one, I should ask someone form the UK to see if they can hook me up.

Cant they do the same thing in Canada and unlock them for a fee????
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-21-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Maybe I should have made the title of this thread [How To] Get your name changed on ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Maybe I should have made the title of this thread [How To] Get your name changed on ModMyi
    There's some pretty big hitters in here too. Not the type of people you would have expected!

Well, I have my friend iYeow in Canada looking for one, I should ask someone form the UK to see if they can hook me up.
    I'm back in the UK at Xmas. Have a look on ebay.co.uk and I can take delivery and post it on if needed. Alternatively I can ask my friends if anyone is due a change....

Cool, my name has changed! And I've got an AKA!

We can get back on topic now......
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 11-22-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I can't believe someone just came into a room with 3 mods in it and asked about why his cracked apps aren't syncing to iTunes as his first post. Wow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyeRobot View Post
    There's some pretty big hitters in here too. Not the type of people you would have expected!

I'm back in the UK at Xmas. Have a look on ebay.co.uk and I can take delivery and post it on if needed. Alternatively I can ask my friends if anyone is due a change....

Cool, my name has changed! And I've got an AKA!

We can get back on topic now......
    That would be awesome, add me on PinkChat (free app in iTunes and you can get hold off me 24-7 pretty much. PM me for my handle there if you decide to add PingChat, there are a bunch of us on there too, really cool. I would love to chat with some more.
    I will Patpal you the money asap if you find one

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    I can't believe someone just came into a room with 3 mods in it and asked about why his cracked apps aren't syncing to iTunes as his first post. Wow.
    Unbelievable isn't it, azzhats

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast