Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 5.14.02 Unlock

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    Just jb now and ultrasn0w will update in cydia when its ready
    Dude, you realize by upgrading and jb'ing, you will go to the baseband that is in 4.2.1 and the unlock is more likely for the baseband in 4.1. This is why the dev team states for unlockers to STAY AWAY from the update untill they make their release.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,326 Times in 7,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shavon View Post
    Okay thanks, one last question. I use T-Mobile and on the instructions page is says:
    "Do not use this tutorial if you need the unlock as there is no unlock for iOS 4.1 baseband yet. Instead, wait for the release of PwnageTool."

I really need the unlock as well so what would be my best option here? Will the upcoming Ultrasnow unlock work to unlock the jailbreak I'm about to do with Redsnow?
    If you are already on 4.1 then it doesnt matter, you cannot preserve your baseband now. Just jailbreak, stay at 4.1 do not update to 4.2.1, and then wait for the new unlock to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    Dude, you realize by upgrading and jb'ing, you will go to the baseband that is in 4.2.1 and the unlock is more likely for the baseband in 4.1. This is why the dev team states for unlockers to STAY AWAY from the update untill they make their release.
    I dont think he was telling the person to update the firmware. Just to update ultrasnow once it is updated to support the 4.1 baseband.
    Last edited by Simon; 11-24-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Shavon (11-24-2010)

Thanks x98car, Cydia is now on my springboard. Ran into some minor trouble but corrected that the second time around. Thanks a lot and looking forward to the Ultrasnow unlock.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shavon View Post
    Can I use redsnow foI have T-Mobile so I read somewhere you cannot unlock with redsnow if you want to use T-Mobile. Is this true?
    Custom Firmware + Redsn0w == Good

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-activation/737575-how-check-if-you-can-unlock.html#post5594416

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12115
    Last edited by Mes; 11-24-2010 at 09:21 PM.

hi guys, i was told that the update for ultrasn0w to unlock baseband 4.2.1 will come out on either on the same day as the new firmware/jailbreak and if not a couple days after. the new 4.2.1 firmware was released on monday n a jailbreak was available shortly after, yet there is still no update for ultrasn0w.

source : Gumballtech
    http://****************/2010/11/22/a...nd-ipod-touch/

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    It is supposed to be coming out today.
    I understand where your coming from, but its confusing. in the post it says that the unlock is a few hours away but then on the date for the post it says tuesday 30th november 2010 which doesn't make sense

Thanks

That site was wrong about it coming out so soon. Dev team had originally said a few days after 4.2 came out but with extra testing and thanksgiving it got delayed a little.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

D41VNY (11-28-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    That site was wrong about it coming out so soon. Dev team had originally said a few days after 4.2 came out but with extra testing and thanksgiving it got delayed a little.
    so how long do you think it'll take for it too be released (what time GMT time)

Exclamation Iphone 3gs baseband 5.14.2
    Dude... i have been reading threads after threads saying that unlock is comming soon ... how much time is exactly "Soon " i am sick of using my Iphone 3gs as Ipod touch .. i wanna use the Iphone the way it was meant to be used !!!! Can sum 1 tell me is it out yet ? if yes then can u give me the link to the website ( I am a Newbie :P) HELP SUM ! HELP PLS ! PLS !

Thanks

It should be out today sometime. It will show up as an update to ultrasn0w in cydia.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

mittsaoua (11-28-2010)

IT IS HERE !!! ITS FINALLY !WOHOOO ... HOW DO I DONWLOAD IT ? on windows? and if i can can i do this on windows?

Ultrasn0w baseband 5.14.02 update due in around 2-3 hours.
    source: Servers May Go Down... | Facebook

hit thanks if i helped.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D41VNY For This Useful Post:

hellblazer3995 (11-28-2010), ISurfwaves (11-28-2010)

Hi there,
    I am new to the unlocking world.

I bought a 3G unlocked phone about a month or two ago an I stupidlu hit "ok" on Apple's update message.

Then (at the time time I did not know I was s.o.l. yet) I tried a little bit of all the tools (redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, recboot, etc) so now my iPhone does not have anything loaded on it (i.e. it is at the "please plug your iPhone to iTunes" screen).

This means that I will not be able to see anything on Cydia... So, my question is, how will I go about moving forward from this point?

Many thanks in advance,
    mitsaoua

Thanks

Just restore your iphone in itunes. You may as well go to 4.2.1 now. Jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 after the restore is done and that will install cydia. Then you just need to wait for the unlock to come out.

Here is a tutorial: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12949

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

mittsaoua (11-28-2010)

Thank you x98car.

I just wanted to make sure (and have confirmed by a 'pro') that going to 4.2.1 will not upgrade/change my baseband to something unlockable--which is what happened when I clicked on that freakin' "ok".

With your answer and with the fact that the unlock that just came out is a '4.2.1 unlock' I fell comfortable...

Thanks again

Thanks

Well the method is a bit different now to unlock than what was originally thought. You are going to have to update your baseband now to do it. You can read about it all here: Dev-Team Blog

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

mittsaoua (11-28-2010)

Guys, basically what you do is
    On mac you use pwnage tool
    On windows you use redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5
    You need to download the 4.2.1 firmware for your device from www.felixbruns.de
    In redsn0w select the 4.2.1 IPSW
    Then on the check list MAKE SURE you check use iPad baseband
    If you are already jailbroken then uncheck install cydia (if you already have it) and for the rest if your options you may select as you please. Also If you leave multitasking etc unchecked they will be removed and you will have to get them back from cydia. (search features in the cydia search bar) then follow the steps to put your phone into DFU mode. when the process is complete you will keep everything and will now need to download ultrasn0w from cydia. The source for this is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Then enjoy your newly unlocked device!

Hit thanks if I helped!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast