+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I downgrade the baseband of iPhone 4 from 02.10.04 to 01.59.00?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How do I downgrade the baseband of iPhone 4 from 02.10.04 to 01.59.00?
    Hi all,

I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because of incompatible baseband version.

Does anyone can help me how to downgrade the baseband 02.10.04-ICE_2_8 to 01.59.00?

I already try many links over the google search and use tiny umbrella as well, but it still doesn't work.

Now, I'm dead stuck waiting for help.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

You cant.. Simply cant

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its Not possible

Thanks

then i guess ur gonna be dead stuck for a loooong time
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I have the same problem. Please help and if possible get some software out for the same
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can not downgrade baseband when you upgrade bb.

Umbrella does not help bb downgrade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shinya1104 View Post
    You can not downgrade baseband when you upgrade bb.

Umbrella does not help bb downgrade.
    EXACTLY!!!
    I wish more people would realize that..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marshalljahja View Post
    Hi all,

I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because of incompatible baseband version.

Does anyone can help me how to downgrade the baseband 02.10.04-ICE_2_8 to 01.59.00?

I already try many links over the google search and use tiny umbrella as well, but it still doesn't work.

Now, I'm dead stuck waiting for help.

Thank you.
    Overused expressions on this forum.

I accidentally upgraded my phone.
    My girlfriend upgraded my phone.
    My friend upgraded my phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    Overused expressions on this forum.

I accidentally upgraded my phone.
    My girlfriend upgraded my phone.
    My friend upgraded my phone.
    Im waitin on my dog updated my phone lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

I restored back to 4.0.2 and my BB downgraded from 2x back to 1.59.00. Then upgraded to 4.1 with TU active and still on BB 1.59.00.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I restored back to 4.0.2 and my BB downgraded from 2x back to 1.59.00. Then upgraded to 4.1 with TU active and still on BB 1.59.00.
    You preserved the baseband when you went up to 4.1. Downgraded it to 4.0.2, stayed the same cuz that's the baseband that comes with 4.0.2 anyway. Then upgraded to 4.1 and preserved the baseband again with TU. Then again I've heard once you preserve the bb on iP4 with TU, it's permanent, so even without TU it'll stay on 1.59.00

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    You preserved the baseband when you went up to 4.1. Downgraded it to 4.0.2, stayed the same cuz that's the baseband that comes with 4.0.2 anyway. Then upgraded to 4.1 and preserved the baseband again with TU. Then again I've heard once you preserve the bb on iP4 with TU, it's permanent, so even without TU it'll stay on 1.59.00

Let me re-state a different way.

Long before TinyUmbrella had the baseband protection built in, I upgraded to 4.1 beta 3. My BB upgraded from 1.59.00 to 2.10.04. Then when I saw the newer versions of TU come out and 4.1 public came out, I downgraded back to 4.0.2, and BB did indeed downgrade back to 1.59.00 along with the FW restore.

This time I upgraded with the newer version of TU and BB stayed at 1.59.00.

My recommendation to anyone that has SHSH for 4.0.2 and earlier on an iphone4 that accidently upgraded their BB to 2.x before TU with protection came out, try restoring back and see if it will work for you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Let me re-state a different way.

Long before TinyUmbrella had the baseband protection built in, I upgraded to 4.1 beta 3. My BB upgraded from 1.59.00 to 2.10.04. Then when I saw the newer versions of TU come out and 4.1 public came out, I downgraded back to 4.0.2, and BB did indeed downgrade back to 1.59.00 along with the FW restore.

This time I upgraded with the newer version of TU and BB stayed at 1.59.00.

My recommendation to anyone that has SHSH for 4.0.2 and earlier on an iphone4 that accidently upgraded their BB to 2.x before TU with protection came out, try restoring back and see if it will work for you.
    There was a short window before official 4.1 came out where you could upgrade to the beta 4.1 get the new baseband and then go back to 4.0.2 and get the old baseband back. Once apple signing of 4.0.2 stopped it was no longer possible to do that. That is the only way you could have possibly downgraded your baseband.

Also there is no magic that Tiny umbrella has built in to preserve the baseband. On the Iphone 4 apple introduced not only firmware signing but also baseband signing. You can preserve your baseband in three ways 1. Tiny umbrella 2. Cydia restore 3. Download the standard IPSW from apple do a shift restore to it and when it starts pull your internet out.

All three methods accomplish the same thing they cannot sign the baseband update when requested by apple and hence it fails with a 1004 error.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 10-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Beta versions allow for that for iPhone 4. Anyone on official 4.1 can't do that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone on official 4.1 and 2.10.04 with SHSH's saved for 4.0.2 or previous, actually tried downgrading to see what would happen?

Thanks

Has anyone on official 4.1 and 2.10.04 with SHSH's saved for 4.0.2 or previous, actually tried downgrading to see what would happen?
    Your baseband won't downgrade. It will stay the same. If it downgraded, there would be much fewer topics regarding unlocking new basebands. Someone would have pointed it out.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Your baseband won't downgrade. It will stay the same. If it downgraded, there would be much fewer topics regarding unlocking new basebands. Someone would have pointed it out.

Sent from my iPhone using
    ModMyi
    Yep once its signed on your phone its on there

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iphone 4 4.1 unlock
    fellows i can't take it anymore. i ordered iphone 4 from states and i live in Syria firmware 02.10.04 i don't know if i typed the numbers right, basically its the latest version of 4.1 and im gonna lose my mind . . . no unlock available i just sit and watch the new iphone and don't get to use it , its the worst feeling im just hoping unlock will come out soon do you guys have any clue when will it be out , just say anything to please me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leon111 View Post
    fellows i can't take it anymore. i ordered iphone 4 from states and i live in Syria firmware 02.10.04 i don't know if i typed the numbers right, basically its the latest version of 4.1 and im gonna lose my mind . . . no unlock available i just sit and watch the new iphone and don't get to use it , its the worst feeling im just hoping unlock will come out soon do you guys have any clue when will it be out , just say anything to please me
    Yeah, I've been in that boat before. It's definitely a bummer to be stuck on the latest firmware and not being able to do anything about it. I ended up selling the phone that was on the latest baseband and buying another that was able to be unlocked.

The unlock should, hopefully--no guarantees, be released sometime after iOS 4.2 is out. It might be released around end of November-ish. This is all, of course, speculation and none of it is fact yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by leon111 View Post
    hey leon111 i live in lebanon and my boss was able to downgrade his iphone4 from 02.10.04 to 1.59.00 he's using his iphone 4 now. this is crazy i used to be the iphone geek at the office and i told him the unlock is not out yet. the second day he came in with his iphone4 unlocked. i wish i could know what the store he unlocked at used as a software or whatever. anyway if u have a short visit to leb lemme know i'll give u the store's number. email me [email protected]