+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How do I downgrade the baseband of iPhone 4 from 02.10.04 to 01.59.00?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default How do I downgrade the baseband of iPhone 4 from 02.10.04 to 01.59.00?
    Hi all,

    I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because of incompatible baseband version.

    Does anyone can help me how to downgrade the baseband 02.10.04-ICE_2_8 to 01.59.00?

    I already try many links over the google search and use tiny umbrella as well, but it still doesn't work.

    Now, I'm dead stuck waiting for help.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    You cant.. Simply cant

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Its Not possible

  4. #4
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    then i guess ur gonna be dead stuck for a loooong time
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi I have the same problem. Please help and if possible get some software out for the same
    Thanks

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You can not downgrade baseband when you upgrade bb.

    Umbrella does not help bb downgrade.

  7. #7
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shinya1104 View Post
    You can not downgrade baseband when you upgrade bb.

    Umbrella does not help bb downgrade.
    EXACTLY!!!
    I wish more people would realize that..

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by marshalljahja View Post
    Hi all,

    I accidentally upgrade my iphone 4 to the firmware 4.1, my phone is not factory unlock. So, the situation here I can't unlock the carrier using ultrasn0w because of incompatible baseband version.

    Does anyone can help me how to downgrade the baseband 02.10.04-ICE_2_8 to 01.59.00?

    I already try many links over the google search and use tiny umbrella as well, but it still doesn't work.

    Now, I'm dead stuck waiting for help.

    Thank you.
    Overused expressions on this forum.

    I accidentally upgraded my phone.
    My girlfriend upgraded my phone.
    My friend upgraded my phone.

  9. #9
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    Overused expressions on this forum.

    I accidentally upgraded my phone.
    My girlfriend upgraded my phone.
    My friend upgraded my phone.
    Im waitin on my dog updated my phone lol

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    I restored back to 4.0.2 and my BB downgraded from 2x back to 1.59.00. Then upgraded to 4.1 with TU active and still on BB 1.59.00.

  11. #11
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I restored back to 4.0.2 and my BB downgraded from 2x back to 1.59.00. Then upgraded to 4.1 with TU active and still on BB 1.59.00.
    You preserved the baseband when you went up to 4.1. Downgraded it to 4.0.2, stayed the same cuz that's the baseband that comes with 4.0.2 anyway. Then upgraded to 4.1 and preserved the baseband again with TU. Then again I've heard once you preserve the bb on iP4 with TU, it's permanent, so even without TU it'll stay on 1.59.00

  12. #12
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    You preserved the baseband when you went up to 4.1. Downgraded it to 4.0.2, stayed the same cuz that's the baseband that comes with 4.0.2 anyway. Then upgraded to 4.1 and preserved the baseband again with TU. Then again I've heard once you preserve the bb on iP4 with TU, it's permanent, so even without TU it'll stay on 1.59.00

    Let me re-state a different way.

    Long before TinyUmbrella had the baseband protection built in, I upgraded to 4.1 beta 3. My BB upgraded from 1.59.00 to 2.10.04. Then when I saw the newer versions of TU come out and 4.1 public came out, I downgraded back to 4.0.2, and BB did indeed downgrade back to 1.59.00 along with the FW restore.

    This time I upgraded with the newer version of TU and BB stayed at 1.59.00.

    My recommendation to anyone that has SHSH for 4.0.2 and earlier on an iphone4 that accidently upgraded their BB to 2.x before TU with protection came out, try restoring back and see if it will work for you.

  13. #13
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Let me re-state a different way.

    Long before TinyUmbrella had the baseband protection built in, I upgraded to 4.1 beta 3. My BB upgraded from 1.59.00 to 2.10.04. Then when I saw the newer versions of TU come out and 4.1 public came out, I downgraded back to 4.0.2, and BB did indeed downgrade back to 1.59.00 along with the FW restore.

    This time I upgraded with the newer version of TU and BB stayed at 1.59.00.

    My recommendation to anyone that has SHSH for 4.0.2 and earlier on an iphone4 that accidently upgraded their BB to 2.x before TU with protection came out, try restoring back and see if it will work for you.
    There was a short window before official 4.1 came out where you could upgrade to the beta 4.1 get the new baseband and then go back to 4.0.2 and get the old baseband back. Once apple signing of 4.0.2 stopped it was no longer possible to do that. That is the only way you could have possibly downgraded your baseband.

    Also there is no magic that Tiny umbrella has built in to preserve the baseband. On the Iphone 4 apple introduced not only firmware signing but also baseband signing. You can preserve your baseband in three ways 1. Tiny umbrella 2. Cydia restore 3. Download the standard IPSW from apple do a shift restore to it and when it starts pull your internet out.

    All three methods accomplish the same thing they cannot sign the baseband update when requested by apple and hence it fails with a 1004 error.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 10-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.

  14. #14
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Beta versions allow for that for iPhone 4. Anyone on official 4.1 can't do that.

  15. #15
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Has anyone on official 4.1 and 2.10.04 with SHSH's saved for 4.0.2 or previous, actually tried downgrading to see what would happen?

  16. #16
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Has anyone on official 4.1 and 2.10.04 with SHSH's saved for 4.0.2 or previous, actually tried downgrading to see what would happen?
    Your baseband won't downgrade. It will stay the same. If it downgraded, there would be much fewer topics regarding unlocking new basebands. Someone would have pointed it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  17. #17
    iColor Themes DevouredDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Your baseband won't downgrade. It will stay the same. If it downgraded, there would be much fewer topics regarding unlocking new basebands. Someone would have pointed it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using
    ModMyi
    Yep once its signed on your phone its on there

  18. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aleppo - Syria
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy iphone 4 4.1 unlock
    fellows i can't take it anymore. i ordered iphone 4 from states and i live in Syria firmware 02.10.04 i don't know if i typed the numbers right, basically its the latest version of 4.1 and im gonna lose my mind . . . no unlock available i just sit and watch the new iphone and don't get to use it , its the worst feeling im just hoping unlock will come out soon do you guys have any clue when will it be out , just say anything to please me

  19. #19
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by leon111 View Post
    fellows i can't take it anymore. i ordered iphone 4 from states and i live in Syria firmware 02.10.04 i don't know if i typed the numbers right, basically its the latest version of 4.1 and im gonna lose my mind . . . no unlock available i just sit and watch the new iphone and don't get to use it , its the worst feeling im just hoping unlock will come out soon do you guys have any clue when will it be out , just say anything to please me
    Yeah, I've been in that boat before. It's definitely a bummer to be stuck on the latest firmware and not being able to do anything about it. I ended up selling the phone that was on the latest baseband and buying another that was able to be unlocked.

    The unlock should, hopefully--no guarantees, be released sometime after iOS 4.2 is out. It might be released around end of November-ish. This is all, of course, speculation and none of it is fact yet.

  20. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by leon111 View Post
    fellows i can't take it anymore. i ordered iphone 4 from states and i live in Syria firmware 02.10.04 i don't know if i typed the numbers right, basically its the latest version of 4.1 and im gonna lose my mind . . . no unlock available i just sit and watch the new iphone and don't get to use it , its the worst feeling im just hoping unlock will come out soon do you guys have any clue when will it be out , just say anything to please me
    hey leon111 i live in lebanon and my boss was able to downgrade his iphone4 from 02.10.04 to 1.59.00 he's using his iphone 4 now. this is crazy i used to be the iphone geek at the office and i told him the unlock is not out yet. the second day he came in with his iphone4 unlocked. i wish i could know what the store he unlocked at used as a software or whatever. anyway if u have a short visit to leb lemme know i'll give u the store's number. email me [email protected]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts