+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes 7.4.2.....total noobie

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i plan on purchasing an iphone from the at&t store near campus tomorrow. i was pretty confident that i could perform the activation after reading a few guides. now that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default itunes 7.4.2.....total noobie
    i plan on purchasing an iphone from the at&t store near campus tomorrow. i was pretty confident that i could perform the activation after reading a few guides. now that the time has come i have lost most if not all of this confidence. i figure i shouldnt have a problem getting an with an older firware than the 1.1.1 because the att store near me does decent business but they still have iphones around from a month ago w/o selling out. in another thread i saw that itunes 7.4.1 is necessary to unlock and i have 7.4.2. i tried downloading 7.4.1 and i kept getting stuck. ive never done a process like this before so im the newb of all newbs. im sure similar questions have been asked on her before but ive been searching through forums all night and i just got tired of looking. ill be trying to unlock the phone on a mac if that sheds any light on the situation here and im quite new to using them as well. so if anyone has any newbie tips on avoiding firmware 1.1.1 on the iphone or how to get the older version of itunes let me know. id really appreciate anything at this point. thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

You aren't forced to upgrade the firmware...you can say no at the prompt

As for the unlock program I think it means it needs AT LEAST version 7.4.1....dont quote me though