Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! iPad SIM in iPhone 3g: Could not activate cellular data network. ...

Default Help! iPad SIM in iPhone 3g: Could not activate cellular data network. ...
    Hi Everyone,

I posted this in the AT&T section, but now I realize it better belongs in this section. I'm new here and I have a question that I can't seem to figure out.

How do I get my new iPad microSIM working on my iPhone 3g?

Here's what's going on:

1. Created homemade adapter so SIM will fit into iPhone 3g. It works SIM is recognized.

2. Activated SIM at Apple store. I saw it working on ipad using data and it said it was activated.

3. Changed APN. Here's what I tried: traditional AT&T settings, APN set to "phone" or "broadband" without quotes while leaving other fields empty. Phone is obviously jailbroken, running 3.1.2. (I also tried it with 3.12 3Gs with same results).

I'm out of ideas, the message I get is "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." So it seems AT&T can tell based on the device whether to accept iPad SIM--i.e. not in iPhones... Any ideas?

Jim

I thought the settings were cingular.wap etc?

Have you tried browsing to unlockit.co.nz on your phone and installing the AT&T profile? I don't think you need a jailbroken device to do this.