Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperate Help (Incorrect SIM)

Question Desperate Help (Incorrect SIM)
    I tried to unlock my iphone but I must have done something wrong since I got the message "Incorrect SIM Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate Iphone". I did restore the iphone after that and still got the same message instaid of the activation one with itunes. I can't access the phone with SSH anymore but I was able to install ibrickr and see the files but that's it. After doing some research I found out that I was not the only one that this happened but I did not find any solution. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Aziz

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I would return the phone so u can get a fresh one. Thats wat happened to me when I tried to unlock my second iphone. I get that error even tho I tried to reboot the phone so many time.
     Think Different

Guys

I have done somewhat samething with my Iphone. I hade the wonderful 102 update on my iphone and then install 3rd part applications, UNLOCK my iphone. After few days I have done the blunder. I update my phone to 111 update then my phone has become an expensive brick. Nothing I could do [restore, brik etc.] to bring it back in normal mode. Infact I have gone to ATT store and they provided my new SIM activated with my number on it.
    Well, then I found out that if we unlock or install 3rd party it voids the warranty and iphone will not be replaced or serviced by Apple Care.
    So now the only option for us is to damage the Iphone in such a way that it seems like it is under warranty problem.

So hereunder is how I got the brand new Iphone immidiatly:

-I have put my complaining Iphone in Microwave for 5 seconds [not more than that]
    -Put it in Refrigerator Or Next to AC for 30 minutes to take away the burning smell
    -This will make Iphone dead, Only charger connection will work but partially
    -Take it too Apple store Genius bar
    -They checked the Iphone
    -Verify its not working
    -Give Me brand new Iphone right there.
    -Do not tell them that you hv unlocked or 3rd party apps installed
    -Also restoring back to 102 will also not help

That's it.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

lockdownd file needs to be uploaded again thats it...no returning of phone ..omg

Asi es puedes liberarte de ese mensaje Incorrect IMEI con UNLOCK, suerte!!!!