Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore..back to 1.0.2 Mac or PC

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Restore..back to 1.0.2 Mac or PC
    I am sure this has been posted, but why not, the title should help out a bit.

On Windows:
    Hold the SHIFT key while clicking the iPhone "Restore" button in iTunes

On Mac:
    Hold the option key while clicking the iPhone "Restore" button in iTunes

A dialog box will come up which will allow you to select the firmware file to use for your update. At this point, simply browse to and select the firmware file that corresponds to the version you'd like to restore your iPhone with.

Firmware files have an .ipsw extension and can be found at the following locations:

On Windows:
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Windows Vista of my laptop (yours might be the same, but it's somewhere in there..just look for it):

Documents and Settings\<me>\Application Data\Roaming\Apple Computer\Itunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Mac:
    ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

I get an error when I do this on my mac or my pc... =/

Last edited by afulinara; 01-31-2010 at 05:14 AM.

yeah i get the error that says "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

can anyone figure out how to put a bricked iphone to its original state version 1.0.2 so we can take all the apps off then update it to 1.1.1

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

you might have to uninstall iTunes, and download and reinstall iTunes.
    and or try to restore without the SIM card in the phone...try a different USB port.

i reinstalled itunes it didnt work. I got a older version and tried it with that it didnt work. i did it without the sim card. i did it in all 3 of my usb ports. I dont understand, did u unbrick your iphone or your saying those steps might work?

Question has anyone had any luck with this?
    I've been trying all of the above methods with no luck at all. I keep getting that unknown error message. If anybody can get their iphone restored to 1.0.2 please post it.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    I am sure this has been posted, but why not, the title should help out a bit.

On Windows:
    Hold the SHIFT key while clicking the iPhone "Restore" button in iTunes

On Mac:
    Hold the option key while clicking the iPhone "Restore" button in iTunes

A dialog box will come up which will allow you to select the firmware file to use for your update. At this point, simply browse to and select the firmware file that corresponds to the version you'd like to restore your iPhone with.

Firmware files have an .ipsw extension and can be found at the following locations:

On Windows:
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Windows Vista of my laptop (yours might be the same, but it's somewhere in there..just look for it):

Documents and Settings\<me>\Application Data\Roaming\Apple Computer\Itunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Mac:
    ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
    Can i restore back a 1.1.1 firmware to 1.0.2 using this technique ?

You can not go backwards if you install the new firmware and this has been confirmed by Apple as well. Wish I would have waited.

Default The update is nice but not worth it
    I would give anything to go back... I miss my summerboard. There is
    definitely no way to go back once you have upgraded I tried everything.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

we need to find the older file
     Think Different

today i went to the apple store saying i never unlocked it (i only mod'd it) and the guy said he couldnt do anything -thats total bs

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

today i went to the apple store saying i never unlocked it (i only mod'd it) and the guy said he couldnt do anything -thats total bs
    fool tell the guy that you never did anything to it and its actin glitchy...theyll replace that sucker on the spot. (make sure you restore it first so theres no sign of 3rd party apps)

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgammella View Post
    omg..well what did you think he would say...

well i read online that some apple geniuses mite restore your iphone. the guy i was with was so nervous his voice was shaking and he said i i i i i ca ca cant ant ant do do anything ing else se se- i told him theres no modifcations and no unlocking since i have att