Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlockers, it's your fault.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by BigPete Hey guy's look @ This..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40BQ8ThsTc nice!
    Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigPete View Post
    nice!
    mod edit, old signature removed

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

unlocking ftmfw
     Think Different

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

I could do what ever with my iphone i wont listen to apple nor AT&T.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Varmit's Avatar
    Thanks

What cracks me up, is that the blaming goes on. Before any of you did your "HACK" of unlocking or modding, you knew the risk, you was presented with a disclaimer "use at your own risk" No fault anywhere. Each one of us chose to do this to our iphones. The wonderful power of the click of a mouse. So before finger pointing goes on. Look in the mirror and point away. Sorry if I offended anyone, just a taste of truth and reality.

VaRMiT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is retarded! Apple is loving the fact that the phone got unlocked!!
    The goal of Apple INC. is to sell a product and sell as much of it as possible!
    If the phone was never unlocked, half the people on this forum wouldnt be here. All the Canadian iPhone users would have never gotten their phones. Once the phone got unlocked, im preaty sure Steve Jobs was laughing his *** off buying a Yatch or a hellicopter or something because sales on iphones SKYROCKETED!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunetly for apple they made the dumb *** decisions of giving excluzivity to ATT...the contract the have is much better for ATT as they get more subscribers but is holding sales on iphones back. apple would have been much better off selling the phones unlocked! They would have sold many thousands more units.

And if that were the case we wouldnt get people like you complain about hackers and unlockers! If you want to complain, write a letter to steve jobs!

As for me, my phone is unlocked, modded, and loaded with 3rd party apps. Its my right to do so and i don't care what you think. If it wasnt for unlockers i would have never gotten the phone in the first place because i live in canada.

PROPS to the people who made all this possible!

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-C View Post
    This is retarded! Apple is loving the fact that the phone got unlocked!!
    The goal of Apple INC. is to sell a product and sell as much of it as possible!
    If the phone was never unlocked, half the people on this forum wouldnt be here. All the Canadian iPhone users would have never gotten their phones. Once the phone got unlocked, im preaty sure Steve Jobs was laughing his *** off buying a Yatch or a hellicopter or something because sales on iphones SKYROCKETED!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunetly for apple they made the dumb *** decisions of giving excluzivity to ATT...the contract the have is much better for ATT as they get more subscribers but is holding sales on iphones back. apple would have been much better off selling the phones unlocked! They would have sold many thousands more units.

And if that were the case we wouldnt get people like you complain about hackers and unlockers! If you want to complain, write a letter to steve jobs!

As for me, my phone is unlocked, modded, and loaded with 3rd party apps. Its my right to do so and i don't care what you think. If it wasnt for unlockers i would have never gotten the phone in the first place because i live in canada.

Exactly...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-C View Post

Amen brother

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whoops wrong section...

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Sorry I feel this discussion deserves it's own thread. I support modding, but the unlocking has screwed this up for everyone.

I don't point the finger in a mean way, but I do point the finger at the truth.

Apple would have ignored phone modders completely if the service unlock wouldn't have taken people to different networks and put their contract with AT&T in jeopardy.

You'd be sitting on your phone right now playing NES or blackjack, or customizing your themes just like people do on OS-X every day. Apple doesn't really care that much about your third party apps. Apple cares about those few third party apps that unlock the phone so the only way to stop the unlocking.......... kill ALL third parts apps.

It's a case of "spoiling the whole bunch with a few unlockers". If the phones would not have been unlocked Apple would still be getting their cut of the cash from AT&T and no one would have heard a PEEP from Apple regarding third party apps.

In regards to the US, if you didn't want AT&T service, don't buy an Iphone. For the UK and parts beyond... patience.... it was coming.

Your efforts of unlocking this phone have made it where running third party apps, themes, and games takes an act of god to do now.

Apple would have ignored this just like they do with OS-X on the full size systems.
    ----------------------------------

Hmm... so yer all pissy cause you can't play NES games, and have some goofy ring tones... well don't be pissed with unlockers, be pissed with corporate ******** contracts sheering the population in the states with back door deals, and ignoring the rest of the 6.3 billion that live on the planet... or hey maybe don't update yer damn phone.

You want to pay the 60 bux/mo data plan?.... sheep.

When I buy anything... it's mine. I can do what the hell I want to with it. If Apple didn't close all the doors on the phone in the first place... hell adding ringtones easily, or using mp3's to do it, is available on 80 dollar phones.

That's like GM saying, since you put a spoiler on the back of your car, I'm going send down a signal through onstar and **** up yer ride.

This is bull ****, they'd have an arguement for cracking if they sold the damn things for 99 bux. But you charge me 6-700 bux then tell me what I can do with it... take a long walk off a short pier Steve Jobbs. Him putting a crew to keep ahead of the hackers, is an uphill battle... he will not win.

I personally have more faith in the collective knowledge of those specializing in electronic civil disobedience.

Sorry for the stray from topic.

No hard feelings...

-Slippy
    Last edited by Slippy; 10-03-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Your argument, like many, lacks the foresight needed to see the light.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Your argument, like many, lacks the foresight needed to see the light.
    Why don't you just give it up. It would appear no one on this forum agrees with your philosophies. Go back to Apple or AT&T or whoever the hell you're standing up for, and leave us be.

Thanks

Many in this thread do agree, but thanks for speaking for the community in your mind that does not exist.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

MY iphone i do what ever i want with it
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wrong wrong wrong.

I live in Oz and we dont have AT&T here.
    So how can my unlocking my iPhone possibly be taking business away from a company that doesn't even have a presence here? I would counter that by unlocking the iPhone, Apple is widening their market and in fact are selling MORE handsets. Apple is still taking a profit on the handsets. Its just that they are not getting the revenue sharing income that they would if you were an AT&T customer.

Thanks

right right right.

You live in Oz and therefore you don't get an iPhone. Period. There's that not taking no for an answer thing again.

If you want to do unlock it, it doesn't matter at this point. The damage is done and Apple has released a 128 bit encrypted firmware that must have a certification and checksum for every single application now so until dev finds out a way to somehow unlock this new high security system the 1.0.2 system is free to unlock and it just doesn't matter now. It's already been screwed up, and it's already been dealt with by apple. We'll just have to sit at 1.0.2 like the PSP guys.
    Last edited by one1; 10-03-2007 at 07:36 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ONE1 WTF is your problems, you work for apple? someone here needs to ban you and close this thread,man i hate you and steve jobbs trying to tell me what to do with my money,i paid for the phone i can do whatever i want to do with it. man i hope you get hit in the head by an apple notebook and stay in lala land for ever or just die, i hate people like you.
    Last edited by zozodouce; 10-03-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks

Excellent post. Go to bed you have school tomorrow.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

@zozo - very mature.

On second thought, we're done in here.

closed.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 10-03-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456