Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 117

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unlockers, it's your fault.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
For A Moment There I Thought I Was On Myspace
...
  1. #81
    Green Apple ruruep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    For A Moment There I Thought I Was On Myspace

  2. #82
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    For A Moment There I Thought I Was On Myspace
    haha! ZING!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to zoidberg md For This Useful Post:

    ruruep (09-29-2007)

  4. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON - Canada
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPete View Post
    I unlocked my IPhone because it is not availible in Canada.
    I unlocked my iphone for the exact same reason its not in canada and no I don't want to wait for it. I am a dealer for Rogers and yes they are getting it and yes it will take forever to arrive here.

    I spoke to an RAR a retail rep from rogers and I was advised that Rogers / Fido sent out a memo in regards to iphones to them saying that if they are caught using an unlocked Iphone they will be terminated. That is because Rogers is in talks with Apple.

    Anyhow that wasn't my point and this is... Unlocking is not illeagal. Yes it voids warranty. I mean think about it... when was the last time that you unlocked your Nokia or Motorolla or Sony Ericsson and then did some firmware upgrade and it bricked your phone?

    Its like installing a third party on your Mac or Windows and then running an update and then your windows or mac says that you have to format, reinstall or buy a new computer because you installed 3rd party software???

    Look you buy something you own it... you should be able to mod it in anyway you want. If it works after your mod excellent if it doesn't too bad your fault, but I don't think it gives a company the right to break it because you moded it.. THATS NOT RIGHT!!!! I also don't feel its right that a company says that you agree by updating that if you have moded your device we will break it.. come on if that was the case you buy a car and then you mod it... take it to the dealership because of a recall or something and the dealership breaks it and gives it back to you beacuse you modified it... come on if anything just have it so your update doesn't install on a modified iphone... that makes more sense then breaking a device that someone paid for.

    I understand that AT&T has a contract with Apple... and so will several other GSM carriers and then sales will balance back out to the respective carriers but untill this circle is completed people will want the IPHONE and that is understandable it is a great device so I just don't understand why Apple and AT&T are making such a big deal about it... I mean AT&T is still making money selling this devices and to be realistic if AT&T is getting business in the states and canada and around the world from the purchase of the iphone... and they still have everyone on their network that is using one well then ... seems to me like they made money off people all around the world!! now is that a good thing?? or bad thing??

    Now if AT&T is not making money selling these devices because they believe that they are going to make the money from the customer activating it on their network well then keep the price higher for the phone on an outright sale of the device. Its a simple way to have a win win situation.

    Regardless of every thing... I know one thing I paid for the IPHONE... i didn't steal it from someone I didn't hurt anyone... I went to a store and purchased it with my hard earned money. I don't feel that big brother apple or at&t has the right to break my device because I installed an application and unleashes the power of the device. I don't think anyone has the right to say that you can install this but it will break your device. I do believe that apple has the right to say you modified your device our software cannot be installed on your device.

    Now just a last comment.... Everything takes time to happen... people have been talking about psp's ... well for anyone that does satellite stuff... you will know that when nagra 2 hit everyone cried bloody murder and then behold a fix came out and then it went down and everyone cried out again... well guess what guys when you ask for a modified device you get a cat and mouse game... we would all like to win a million dollars even the ones that already have the million ... but we dont' always get what we want and we can't change the thinking of a billion dollar company but we can continue to rely on great ppl like the dev team who do this as a challenge they don't get anything in return and in most cases not even a thank you..... how many posts were put up that I am gonna return my phone but they won't take it ... one guy even talked about getting his g/f half naked and sending her in to a store.. lol dude seriously... (ok i'm gonna stop that comment right there) ... anyhow... people relax ... you can already downgrade and yes soon it will work and you will have an unlocked 1.1.1 ... if a new one comes out... don't b!tch about it... and if you are dumb enuff to update when a new one comes out shut your mouth and just wait ... or you can do what the retard did... whore your g/f ... i'm sure it works ... just sleep easy knowing some guy at at&t got off looking at your g/f half naked because you couldn't wait a few days LOL....
    Last edited by lighter; 09-29-2007 at 11:48 PM.

  5. #84
    Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 201 Times in 181 Posts

    Exactly you buy it its yours you have evry right to do what ever you want with it
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  6. #85
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    boo hoo, ITT: butthurt idiots.

  7. #86
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hanz0e View Post
    boo hoo, ITT: butthurt idiots.
    All three of your posts have been phenomenal! Troll your boat on down the stream kid.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  8. #87
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    who ever said its our fault is just ignorant. yeah we unlocked them, and yeah we will continue to use them unlocked. apple cant do much about it either except for some bogus update that trys to f us up, but that can be fixed with a downgrade.
    haha

  9. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON - Canada
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    hey one1.... question for you.... you say unlockers its all your fault... why do you care? is yours moded? have you install applications on it? ... well if you have your warranty is void anyways... so shut your mouth and grow up.... regardless of what one has done... if its moded in anyway its moded.. warranty is voided when it comes to apple... its like saying i only stole to feed my family.. its stealing... and well believe it or not.. moding it by unlocking or just installing an application is also moding... if you haven't done any of these things.. then i suggest you get of this forum... simple...
    Last edited by lighter; 09-30-2007 at 12:33 AM.

  10. #89
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............................

    one1.......... did I ever thank you for starting this thread?

  11. #90
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    hey one1.... question for you.... you say unlockers its all your fault... why do you care? is yours moded? have you install applications on it? ... well if you have your warranty is void anyways... so shut your mouth and grow up.... regardless of what one has done... if its moded in anyway its moded.. warranty is voided when it comes to apple... its like saying i only stole to feed my family.. its stealing... and well believe it or not.. moding it by unlocking or just installing an application is also moding... if you haven't done any of these things.. then i suggest you get of this forum... simple...
    Anyone ever seen a hand fly over someone's head in a gesture that they completely missed the freaking point?

    Picture it and apply it to the above.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg md View Post
    sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............................

    one1.......... did I ever thank you for starting this thread?
    I dunno, hit the button again and see if the number goes up



    .
    Last edited by one1; 09-30-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  12. #91
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    All three of your posts have been phenomenal! Troll your boat on down the stream kid.
    no, actually it's true. you can bash all my posts you want, but the truth is, you're ******** out of place. blame unlockers? ever realized that apple does not support third party apps at all? so... you blame the "unlockers" as if they're in complete difference from the other third party devs? hmm. try again.

  13. #92
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    why would it matter.
    unlocking is unlocking...they knew it would come to this eventually.
    i work for T-mobile and i use my unlocked iphone and you know what...our company is much better than **** AT&T so we should have the right to use the best phone on the market...without having to sign with the worst service provider!!

    =)

  14. #93
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    In Finland we have a law, which prevents selling any sim locked phone with a service provider. But that changed couple of years ago, but only for 3G phones, which iPhone doesn't have. So options here are,

    1: We have to wait a 3G version of iPhone and who knows how long that would take.
    2: Apple will release unlocked iPhones for our market and rest of the world would be very mad about this, so that won't be most likely happening
    3: We will never get iPhone because our law, now how cool that would be?
    4: We get our phones from ebay or where ever anyone wants and unlock it and use any service provider we want

    I guess choise is simple, I take the option 4, as currenly any other option is impossible or takes very long time. If and when we get the updated version iPhone in Finland i will buy it, unless we also have to do those ridicilous contracts with service provider, where there is need to pay min. 50/month on top of iphones price. So here is again a good reason to unlock iPhone as i can use my low priced service provider.

  15. #94
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To the thread author-You are the reason democracy fails. You actually like your chains and to be told what to do. Even sheep are above you- at least they aren't consciously choosing the life they lead.

  16. #95
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Yeah, that's why my phone is fully modded. Try again bucko.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  17. #96
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    WRONG.

    Here is why.

    3rd party apps in general CAN be unstable unless you got a proper coder doing the work. Unlocking software doesn't DO anything to the phone except change the baseband, its COMPLETELY seperate from the OS of the Iphone. If you read the PSP hacking scene, someone actually MADE a virus and unsuspecting people uploaded that to their PSP and bricked it. That is what Apple is trying to prevent. Unstable programs, program viruses from bricking the phone and cause them headaches. So its not unlockers fault, its the general unstable nature of 3rd party apps and not everyone being a certified coder.

    See this is where I find it completely wrong. I am in Canada. I want an Iphone. Should I sit on my *** and wait patiently for my ONLY GSM carrier to do something? For crying out loud, they just got the TyTN. So what should I do? Wait for an Iphone when about 90% of the population already has one?
    QFT (Quoted for Truth)

    Apple should just be happy that now that it is unlockable the sales over doubled just cause people could use it with their company. IMO they should ingore the "Unlocking problem" that occures today....

    I 100% support the DEV team.
    <3 <3 <3
    If I helped you, help me and hit thanks


  18. #97
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts

    DEV is my hero
    but another quick note, part of the apple/ATT contract gives service plan sales to.....apple. So apple generates more revenue by having customers activate and select plans via iTunes. Just food for thought
    Really?

  19. #98
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    OP=Noob.

  20. #99
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    LMAO @ the 4 post wonder.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  21. #100
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Hey guy's look @ This.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40BQ8ThsTc

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BigPete For This Useful Post:

    yowiphone (10-01-2007)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts