Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 117

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unlockers, it's your fault.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    that guy is just stupid case closed...
    x2...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to stupidfast For This Useful Post:

    zoidberg md (09-27-2007)

  3. #22
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    that guy is just stupid case closed...
    That's quite a retort. I'll expect to see your dissertation on economic diversion on the presidents desk by october.

    Anyone who cannot see this is either too young to understand it or too simple minded to see it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  4. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post

    Anyone who cannot see this is either too young to understand it or too simple minded to see it.
    Huh.... Someone calling me young.... Interesting.

    I was born february 16th 1977 let me know how old i need to be to get your point.

  5. #24
    im juz like some other people wouldnt buy this phone if i knew it cnt unlock..and im sure a lot of people baught too for the fact that they can modd and unlock it i travel to abroad a lot i baught n unlock it so i i can use it anywhere im sure apple lovin dat...people buying theyr phone not only for att..

  6. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Davis, California
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts

    I think he might be right, Apple kinda said they weren't against the modding and everything, until we started unlocking..

    Either way, it doesn't matter.. I totally support unlocking (and view as just another mod)... If it does happen to be the 'mod' that got Apple to draw the line, then so be it.

    Anyway, we've broken in to these things before, I'm sure they'll do it again... until then, just don't update and you've got nothing to worry about!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amosrock View Post
    so what you're saying is that you feel that if everybody just conformed and switched over to AT&T we wouldn't have this problem?
    WTF?!?! Noone ever said anything about conforming to anything... Did we go out and force you to buy an iPhone... NO! You chose to do so... It was Apple's choice to make iPhone's to exclusively work with AT&T... This kinda partnership happens all the time (many places can only sell Coke or Pepsi, not both because of contracts and such)... Does it mean you must use AT&T... no, it just means if you don't want to, you don't get an iPhone... That is until we figured out this wonderful unlock =)

    So... in short, this unlock is a good thing. I haven't unlocked my phone, and don't plan on it, but I believe any type of mod like this that only removes technological (more like commercial...) restrictions is awesome. But I do agree that the unlock mod was probably "the straw that broke the camel's back" causing Apple to retaliate.
    Last edited by unclear; 09-27-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

    one1 (09-29-2007)

  8. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    um...no you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That's quite a retort. I'll expect to see your dissertation on economic diversion on the presidents desk by october.

    Anyone who cannot see this is either too young to understand it or too simple minded to see it.
    i'll expect to see your credentials relating to any type of technology.
    Last edited by jealous soul; 09-27-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Davis, California
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    You know what, there is a flawed logic here. Doesn't Apple sell their phones through their stores? Doesn't that mean Apple is MAKING a bigger profit from that than AT&T contracts? For those people unwilling to deal with AT&T clerks, where do they go? Apple store.
    Oh, and I've hear Apple does get a small cut of the AT&T contract.. So they would be losing moneys

    Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    um...no you're wrong.
    MOST MATURE RESPONSE EVER! And you continue to respond immaturely to a post about your immaturity. Bravo!
    Last edited by unclear; 09-27-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

    one1 (09-29-2007)

  11. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Oh, and I've hear Apple does get a small cut of the AT&T contract.. So, this statement is just completely wrong.
    correct. it's been estimated apple gets about $350 per phone over the 2 year period.

    Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Oh, and I've hear Apple does get a small cut of the AT&T contract.. So they would be losing moneys



    MOST MATURE RESPONSE EVER!
    i'm talking about the starter of the thread, not you.
    Last edited by jealous soul; 09-27-2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #29
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,483
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    *sigh*
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  13. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 28 Times in 13 Posts

    Why blaming unlocker?? They are the best ppl around! giving you freedom to change on a carrier of your choice. Unlocking mobile device is already common for soo long. why make iphone be so different that you cant and ITS PROHIBITED to unlock it? If you use at&t 2 year plan just to have this iphone and experienced that their service sucks not to mention their very expensive plan and decided to cancel your plan and just pay that $175.00 penalty for cancelling it. what would you do with your iphone???? stare at it? or use it with a new different carrier? Don't be such a hater cause of the unlock method gives everyone a chance to own it and moddify it.

  14. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    *sigh*
    Lock it! Lock the thread! End the madness!

  15. #32
    Nah, leave it open. There is no discussion of relevant facts, so it's kind of entertaining. (Granted, the facts discussed may or may not be interesting on their own, but they're irrelevant)

    Please cite your third-party news sources or other reputable locations, don't give out resume's or your best guess. It's all bunk until I see "Apple said we are in our current situation because...", FROM Apple.

    Anything else is guessing and conjecture. Back it up with hard facts folks, otherwise it's just another baseless, losing argument.

  16. #33
    Iím sorry but what are you talking about, there is no difference on unlocking a phone as buying a mustang from the dealership and then take your car and upgrading the engine, the brakes and the suspension. Of course if you do that Ford is not going to cover your car under its warranty. Are you saying that Ford is supposed to come after you for that? Itís ridiculous. If you unlock or mod your phone itís your problem, we all know what we get into, I donít like AT&T and I love Apple and the only and only reason why I bought the IPhone is because I was going to be able to unlocked and use my T-Mobile plan. To all you out there that are working on the unlocking good job and keep up the good work.

  17. #34
    Talking Well... I must Say:
    I agree with "one1", Apple's Execs were fine with the 3rd party apps, but with the unlocks, the headaches began... Every unlock costs Apple 5k in contract violations. If we chose to let unlockers have their freedom, Apple would be back in the eighties (stock wise) and we would hope for Microsoft's help (again). Now, AT&T is a really well managed service, my bill is fair, and I have service in many areas. For the people in Canada, be patient, in less than a month...Be patient. If you are patient with us, the 3rd party will have their way, it's just we need to stop the unlocks before it's too late. I'm sorry for disabling the apps for now, it's just temporary.

    Have faith in the company you love, We are working on it!


    Besides, I miss TTR...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonebitch13 For This Useful Post:

    one1 (09-29-2007)

  19. #35
    well there's no turning back now. its not as if people can send apple emails saying they'll *promise* to not unlock any iphones, and expect apple to just say, "ok, here are your 3rd party apps back."

    this thread is pointless. will ******** about it really get your apps back? i say, why blame unlockers for the loss of your mods, when you are the dumbass who restored and updated? (not necessarily to the above poster, just to everyone who's ******** in general)

  20. #36
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    where do you get your information? "every unlock costs apple 5k"....

    that seems like an odd figure to jump to

  21. #37
    Kinda with the company, it's really like 5.2k but still costs...

  22. #38
    i HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE WHOLE UNLOCKING THING,,IT'S ONE THING TO MOD YOUR PHONE BUT TO WANT TO USE IT ON A DIFFERENT NETWORK IS WRONG...IF IT WAS INTENDED FOR AT&T THEN THATS WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED,,,,,YOU MIGHT SAY ITS LIKE PRACTICING YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH WHICH YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO SO,,,, THEN BY ALL MEANS DO IT WITH THE PHONE YOUR CARRIER PROVIDER OFFERS YOU,,,BESIDES I DONT THINK T-MOBILES CUSTOMER SERVICE WANTS YOU CLOWNS CALLING THEM ASKING THEM WHY YOUR EDGE NETWORK IS NOT WORKING,,,,,,,,,A DUH THATS BECAUSE THAT PACKAGE WAS INTENDED FOR THE SIDEKICK SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT THE IPHONE????

  23. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    i HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE WHOLE UNLOCKING THING,,IT'S ONE THING TO MOD YOUR PHONE BUT TO WANT TO USE IT ON A DIFFERENT NETWORK IS WRONG...IF IT WAS INTENDED FOR AT&T THEN THATS WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED,,,,,YOU MIGHT SAY ITS LIKE PRACTICING YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH WHICH YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO SO,,,, THEN BY ALL MEANS DO IT WITH THE PHONE YOUR CARRIER PROVIDER OFFERS YOU,,,BESIDES I DONT THINK T-MOBILES CUSTOMER SERVICE WANTS YOU CLOWNS CALLING THEM ASKING THEM WHY YOUR EDGE NETWORK IS NOT WORKING,,,,,,,,,A DUH THATS BECAUSE THAT PACKAGE WAS INTENDED FOR THE SIDEKICK SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT THE IPHONE????

    you seem to be missing the point. those who have unlocked their phones arent the ones who are ********, its the original poster who's ********, and blaming unlockers for his/her lost apps.

    no one is to blame but yourself, you shouldnt have updated. thats that.
    Last edited by afulinara; 09-28-2007 at 02:06 AM.

  24. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Sorry I feel this discussion deserves it's own thread. I support modding, but the unlocking has screwed this up for everyone.

    I don't point the finger in a mean way, but I do point the finger at the truth.

    Apple would have ignored phone modders completely if the service unlock wouldn't have taken people to different networks and put their contract with AT&T in jeopardy.

    You'd be sitting on your phone right now playing NES or blackjack, or customizing your themes just like people do on OS-X every day. Apple doesn't really care that much about your third party apps. Apple cares about those few third party apps that unlock the phone so the only way to stop the unlocking.......... kill ALL third parts apps.

    It's a case of "spoiling the whole bunch with a few unlockers". If the phones would not have been unlocked Apple would still be getting their cut of the cash from AT&T and no one would have heard a PEEP from Apple regarding third party apps.

    In regards to the US, if you didn't want AT&T service, don't buy an Iphone. For the UK and parts beyond... patience.... it was coming.

    Your efforts of unlocking this phone have made it where running third party apps, themes, and games takes an act of god to do now.

    Apple would have ignored this just like they do with OS-X on the full size systems.

    #1 nice thread, you'll make a lot of friends this way.

    #2 I AM sitting at home playing with my unlocked phone, cause I didn't update the firmware. Why bother until a new fix comes out?

    #3 Its APPLE'S FAULT for limiting what carrier uses the iPhone, not letting us LEGALLY unlock the phone and keep it unlocked, and (most importantly) the way the sell the phone. No other phone can you buy in a store without a contract for the same price as with one. So point your finger at them. If the phone were $300 more than if you bought it at AT&T with a contract, you would have much less people unlocking and/or selling on eBay. Its their own dumb *** fault so that they can say "We're soooo cool you can activate your phone within iTunes." Whop te dooo. If they did a traditional cell phone sale and/or contract, the numbers of unlockers would have been drastically decreased.

    #4 A new unlock and jailbreak for modding will happen. It will just take time, so quite whining.

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonebitch13 View Post
    Every unlock costs Apple 5k in contract violations.
    How? AT&T KNOWS how many unlocked phones are out there and can give Apple a bill? Nonsense. They may lose the percentage they get for each AT&T iPhone that is activated, but AT&T can hardly fine Apple because someone who purchased a phone doesn't use AT&T. Its not their fault. Please, Apple is doing just fine and laughing now that they got our money and now either can't update, or get a brick.
    Last edited by GPUnique; 09-28-2007 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •