+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i cant remember my passcode guys if i restore my phone can i access my phone again as normal without the passcode lock enable?thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default please help?
    i cant remember my passcode guys if i restore my phone can i access my phone again as normal without the passcode lock enable?thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you restore the phone I believe that the passcode should be lifted and you should be able to get in it again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisAMW For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just dont restore from back up. The password lock will come back if you do so. Set phone up as new.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeh ive did that and setup the phone as new , passcode is now away but now im getting no signal ... the phone is on o2 network and ive upgraded to 4.0.2 have i just screwed my iphone 4 ?

can i unlock or jailbreak now ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Oh...why did you upgrade... You cant JB and unlock now.

I assumed youd restore and not upgrade... Do you have your SHSHs for 4.0 or 4.0.1? Check with TinyUmbrella by clicking "Display SHSH"
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-29-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haven't saved any shsh files and I bought this phone from a guy a don't know,if worse comes to worse.....if this phone was stole and has been reported and now been turned of would there be anyway of using this phone again?the phone has been activated through iTunes perfectly but now I'm getting no signal but can use wifi and all other functions work perfect!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerard2k7 View Post
    Haven't saved any shsh files and I bought this phone from a guy a don't know,if worse comes to worse.....if this phone was stole and has been reported and now been turned of would there be anyway of using this phone again?the phone has been activated through iTunes perfectly but now I'm getting no signal but can use wifi and all other functions work perfect!
    i dont know any information regarding a stolen iphone but despite that, everything will work fine, u just can't call
    hopefully apple releases 4.1 firmware soon, then a new jailbreak/unlock should be out by then
    Last edited by mindblown; 08-29-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mindblown For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So do you think I should hold onto this phone or sell it for parts on eBay because I can't make any calls or receive them?
    I feel like crying tbh lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerard2k7 View Post
    So do you think I should hold onto this phone or sell it for parts on eBay because I can't make any calls or receive them?
    I feel like crying tbh lol
    hmm, i assume you are in the UK because you stated that you have o2 network, am i right?

and you bought the iphone 4 from someone, where does that seller live?

anyways just hold on to the phone and wait till the 4.1 firmware is release, hopefully there should be a new jailbreak/unlock for 4.1 firmware
    Last edited by mindblown; 08-29-2010 at 07:29 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mindblown For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    hmm, i assume you are in the UK because you stated that you have o2 network, am i right?

and you bought the iphone 4 from someone, where does that seller live?
    Yes I'm in uk and the seller is in uk also,o2 uk network the phone is on At the minute...

Thanks

so you have the o2 sim card in the phone and it says no signal?
    do you know if you have a US iphone (At&t exclusive) or a UK iphone (factory unlocked)
    Last edited by mindblown; 08-29-2010 at 07:50 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mindblown For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure is there anyway I could check this out?thanks

Thanks

well actually the difference is on an factory unlock your o2 simcard should work and get signal on your iphone 4 regardless to upgrading firmware.
    but since you said your not getting signal but your phone is working perfectly but just cant make calls you have an US iphone (At&t exclusive) meaning at&t is the only carrier that will work on that phone (Locked), not t-mobile, o2 network, rogers etc...

what does it say when you connect the phone to itunes with the sim inserted?
    Last edited by mindblown; 08-29-2010 at 08:23 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mindblown For This Useful Post:

gerard2k7 (08-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    well actually the difference is on an factory unlock your o2 simcard should work and get signal on your iphone 4 regardless to upgrading firmware.
    but since you said your not getting signal but your phone is working perfectly but just cant make calls you have an US iphone (At&t exclusive) meaning at&t is the only carrier that will work on that phone (Locked), not t-mobile, o2 network, rogers etc...

what does it say when you connect the phone to itunes with the sim inserted?
    when itunes is open and sim inserted in phone it just works as normal and syncs to itunes but with no signal to make calls?

could someone please answer this question,if this phone has been reported lost/stolen which i think has happened and now i have been sold a stolen phone.if it has been deactivated by apple , o2 companys will there ever be a solution for me to unlock and use this phone again to call and recieve calls?thanks

got this fixed thanks for all the help fellas
    Last edited by gerard2k7; 08-30-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost