+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [help] new iphone 4 (4.0.1), jailbreak works, unlock(ultrasn0w 1.1-1) fails

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just got my new iphone 4 (IOS 4.0.1), coming with AT&T activation card (no contract). I jailbroke it with JailbreakMe . It works like a charm: the tools such
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [help] new iphone 4 (4.0.1), jailbreak works, unlock(ultrasn0w 1.1-1) fails
    I just got my new iphone 4 (IOS 4.0.1), coming with AT&T activation card (no contract).

I jailbroke it with JailbreakMe. It works like a charm: the tools such as sbsetting, openssh/openssl work well.

I then installed ultrasn0w 1.1-1 from its official source (repo666.ultrasn0w.com). Installation goes smoothly without any error/warning message, and I rebooted the system at the end of installation according to its instruction.

However, after replacing the AT&T card with my own non-AT&T SIM card and rebooting the iphone 4, it keeps telling me "Different SIM detected, please connect to iTunes" and only Emergence Call is available.

This seems that the unlock just failed. Note that, at this time, my carrier's name with full-signal bar appears on the status bar of the lock screen. When I pull out my SIM card, I can enter the system without any SIM in the phone.

I removed and installed the Ultrasn0w again for several times, all failed. I then jailbroke the iphone for several times as well, but all with the same results (jailbreak works, unlock fails).

I tried to restore the firmware for another fresh jailbreak, but failed as well, since as we know, Apple stops signing iOS 4.0.1, and this is a new iphone, I didn't have chance to backup the SHSH blob.

Any clues or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    elale

BTW, I can ssh to the iphone from my computer even the iphone is in the "Emergence Call" interface and my mobile carrier's signal seems rather good. I wonder if there's any way to let the iphone jump out of the sim-lock stage (maybe using some (cydia) tool).
    Last edited by elalepanpan; 08-28-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default try..
    after installing ultrasn0w

I had the same problem

Put back the phonebook /at&t inactive SIM and install
    the Hacktivation patch at Cydia.pushfix.info
    you can find all the instructions at this address

http://cydia.pushfix.info/

After installing the Hactivation Patch
    then retry using your other sim.
    It worked for me
    Last edited by dallax; 08-29-2010 at 01:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This works! Thank you very much!