Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock phone and then...

Default Unlock phone and then...
    I've got a 3G running 4.01 that I've jailbroken. I just installed ultrasn0w 1.1-1 and would love to switch from AT&T to T-mobile as well as use the phone on Rogers (or similar GSM) on a trip to Canada.

Is it as easy as just putting the new SIM in? do prepaid cards come with data? Is activation an issue? Thanks...

from what i can see from their site, i don't think data is a pay as u go option. they have mobile browsing but that is limited to a specified list of pages they dictate. not anything and everything on html is induced.

u can get day pay for data but again i think its for the browsing thing. not like 50mb usage witch would be nice for a cupple of days on a trip.

ps, chouse the lower end brand of phone company for trips and stuff. eg... fido is the budget brand of rogers.. and solo mobile is the budget brand of bell. i dont know what tellus is. maybe koodoo?

roger is popular in eastern Canada and telus is popular in western Canada. bell is mixed since they own all the hard lines and probably towers as well. everyone rents off of the same network its all the same ******* thing.

You won't need to reactivate your phone if it's already activated. You only need to do this if you restore the firmware.

Just drop your new sim in and it should work for calls, which package you get is up to you.