Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on emergency screen and i have no SIM

Default Stuck on emergency screen and i have no SIM
    so i have a problen, my phone was stolen last week and then recovered but in the process it became a brick- i have had to restore it and in the process it updated to 4.0.2 its a 3gs firmware and new bootrom.

Its stuck on the emergency only screen, connect to itunes to activate iphone.

Need advice on how to go about activating this thing then jailbreaking it and unlocking it.

its a rogers Canadian iphone and i have left Canada to the UK and can't get hold of a Rogers SIM.
    any suggestions? programs? using windows.

Please help i want my I back!!

you cannot jailbreak or unlock a 3GS running 4.0.2 and the dev team announced they will not be making one for 4.0.2 either. So unless you have SHSH blobs saved on you hard drive or cydia you are SOL for jailbreaking/unlocking since you won't be able to downgrade to an unlockable FW. you're going to have to wait until 4.1 and hope the dev team makes a jailbreak for it.
    Last edited by amsgator; 08-27-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Use TinyUmbrella to check if you have your shsh blobs saved, and for which versions.

If you have them saved, you can downgrade and use whichever method of jailbreaking you choose
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!