Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Iphone 3GS can't unlock??

  1. #1
    Default Iphone 3GS can't unlock??
    hey guys a recently purchased an iphone 3gs 16gb from rogers but i want to use with koodo, i ran forecast and it says it cant be unlocked! Is their anyway to fix this? downgrade ect.

    Info
    baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MC142
    Tethered?: Maybe - Depends if refurbished

    Please help thanks

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    hey guys a recently purchased an iphone 3gs 16gb from rogers but i want to use with koodo, i ran forecast and it says it cant be unlocked! Is their anyway to fix this? downgrade ect.

    Info
    baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MC142
    Tethered?: Maybe - Depends if refurbished

    Please help thanks
    What firmware are you on? You should be able to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and then install ultrasn0w through Cydia. This is assuming you're on 4.0.1.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

    unholy3000 (08-19-2010)

  4. #3
    yep im on firmware 4.0.1 jailbroke with jailbreakme.com then installed ultrasnow then i got a message saying my phone was activated but i jsut had no service...Also another thing was when i went into settings n went to Phone it said telus even tho i was with koodo :S

    I jsut restored n locked my self out of my phone lol cause it has new boot rom n i need a rogers sim card...but once i find one ill try same steps again i guess

  5. #4
    Hmm. Not sure why the carrier would do that. But the process should be:

    Restore to 4.0.1. Connect to iTunes with the original sim of the carrier your phone is locked to - this will get you past the emergency call screen. Unplug the phone, don't restore anything from a back up yet. Connect to your wifi and jailbreak @ jailbreakme. Install ultrasn0w. Do a hard reset to make sure everything is working correctly. That should be it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

    unholy3000 (08-19-2010)

  7. #5
    Alright i'll do exactly that once my sis gets up and gives me her roggers sim card...i'll keep you updated

    EDIT: My sister won't give me her sim card cause shes afriad it might mess it up for her phone...i'm pretty sure that won't happen right? also hers is a micro sim card can i pop that into my iphone for it to still work?
    Last edited by unholy3000; 08-18-2010 at 11:11 AM.

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    Alright i'll do exactly that once my sis gets up and gives me her roggers sim card...i'll keep you updated

    EDIT: My sister won't give me her sim card cause shes afriad it might mess it up for her phone...i'm pretty sure that won't happen right? also hers is a micro sim card can i pop that into my iphone for it to still work?
    It'll do absolutely nothing to her sim card. You'll need a micro sim to regular sim adapter. The micro sim won't fit a 3GS tray natively, only iPhone 4.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

    unholy3000 (08-19-2010)

  10. #7
    alright ill just make my own adapter haha:P but i'ma use my friends brothers sim card cause my sis is a douche like that.

    But i read that i could buy a phonebook sim card, which would unlock my phone as long as it's in then jailbreak and unlock, could you confirm this?

  11. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    alright ill just make my own adapter haha:P but i'ma use my friends brothers sim card cause my sis is a douche like that.

    But i read that i could buy a phonebook sim card, which would unlock my phone as long as it's in then jailbreak and unlock, could you confirm this?
    It works to activate, but once you connect back to iTunes with your carrier sim you get an error saying "different SIM" and you're back at the emergency call screen until you put the phonebook sim back in.

    I'm not sure how SSH capable you are, but there is a fix for it:

    Fix 'Different SIM Detected' Error on your iPhone 3G/3GS/4 After Jailbreak [Easy Way] | MacHackPC

    I dunno if those phonebook sims are really widely available? And by unlock the phone, I'm guessing you meant getting past the emergency call screen and not actually unlocking the baseband? In which case, yes the phonebook sim would get past that screen but you'd have problems after reconnecting with iTunes. No, it would not baseband unlock, you'd need ultrasn0w for that.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

    unholy3000 (08-19-2010)

  13. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    It works to activate, but once you connect back to iTunes with your carrier sim you get an error saying "different SIM" and you're back at the emergency call screen until you put the phonebook sim back in.

    I'm not sure how SSH capable you are, but there is a fix for it:

    Fix 'Different SIM Detected' Error on your iPhone 3G/3GS/4 After Jailbreak [Easy Way] | MacHackPC

    I dunno if those phonebook sims are really widely available? And by unlock the phone, I'm guessing you meant getting past the emergency call screen and not actually unlocking the baseband? In which case, yes the phonebook sim would get past that screen but you'd have problems after reconnecting with iTunes. No, it would not baseband unlock, you'd need ultrasn0w for that.
    That's exactly what i men't use the phonebook sim to get past emergency screen jailbreak iphone n unlock with ultrasn0w then remove phonebook sim n replace with my koodo sim.

    Anyways i got a hold of a rogers card and activated my phone i procceded by following your steps. And for anyone else who had similiar problems of your iphone not unlocking follow these steps!

    Step 1: Restore iphone
    Step 2: Activate phone with proper sim card then remove
    Step 3: Don't sync your iPhone with itunes (don't "set up" either)
    Step 4: Put in the sim card which you wish to use
    Step 5: Go to JailbreakMe and slide to jailbreak
    Step 6: Go to cydia and search "ultrasn0w" and install
    Step 7: Reboot device
    Step 8: Enjoy your jailbroken/unlocked iPhone

    For those of you who can't find a sim card to get past the emergency screen you can always buy a phonebook sim card then follow theses steps provided by n1c3jack3t. http://www.machackpc.com/iphone/3g/f...reak-easy-way/

    Thanks for all the help man really appreciated it and good luck to everyone else!
    Last edited by unholy3000; 08-19-2010 at 01:41 AM.

  14. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by unholy3000 View Post
    That's exactly what i men't use the phonebook sim to get past emergency screen jailbreak iphone n unlock with ultrasn0w then remove phonebook sim n replace with my koodo sim.

    Anyways i got a hold of a rogers card and activated my phone i procceded by following your steps. And for anyone else who had similiar problems of your iphone not unlocking follow these steps!

    Step 1: Restore iphone
    Step 2: Activate phone with proper sim card then remove
    Step 3: Don't sync your iPhone with itunes (don't "set up" either)
    Step 4: Put in the sim card which you wish to use
    Step 5: Go to JailbreakMe and slide to jailbreak
    Step 6: Go to cydia and search "ultrasn0w" and install
    Step 7: Reboot device
    Step 8: Enjoy your jailbroken/unlocked iPhone

    For those of you who can't find a sim card to get past the emergency screen you can always buy a phonebook sim card then follow theses steps provided by n1c3jack3t. Fix 'Different SIM Detected' Error on your iPhone 3G/3GS/4 After Jailbreak [Easy Way] | MacHackPC

    Thanks for all the help man really appreciated it and good luck to everyone else!
    No problem man. Glad you're up and working! This is definitely the best way to activate, as it gives you legitimate push certs - as opposed to "hacktivating" through pwnage. Enjoy the phone and upgrade to a 4 when you can

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •