Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to re-lock iPhone 4.0.1?

Default How to re-lock iPhone 4.0.1?
    I want to unlock my iPhone using ultrasn0w, but I'm wondering if re-locking is as easy? when i search the forums everything I find about re-locking is very outdated...

Either uninstall ultrasn0w or restore the phone. Both will clear the unlock. There is no permanent unlock unless you've got a factory unlocked phone.

well, that's simple enough...i was coming across some pretty involved hacks to re-lock phones (for much earlier firmware versions) so it was making me nervous...they specifically mentioned that a restore wouldn't do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by bcamp1973 View Post
    well, that's simple enough...i was coming across some pretty involved hacks to re-lock phones (for much earlier firmware versions) so it was making me nervous...they specifically mentioned that a restore wouldn't do the trick?
    Haha damn! You went way back. Bootneuter and what not. That's for iPhone 2G my friend. Are you on a 4 or a 3GS? Upgrading or restoring to the newest firmware will also update/restore the baseband, which will clear the unlock. You're gold.

And I have to add in that Apple isn't signing 4.0.1 anymore, so unless you had SHSHs on file you'd have to go up to 4.0.2.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 08-17-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excellent! Thank you...i managed to get downgraded to 4.0.1 yesterday so it looks like i *just* made it in time

Quote Originally Posted by bcamp1973 View Post
    Excellent! Thank you...i managed to get downgraded to 4.0.1 yesterday so it looks like i *just* made it in time
    Yeah I was incorrect. As of last night, they were still signing 4.0.1 for some reason. But congrats on the success. You're now re-locked! Something 90% of this forum wants the opposite of, haha.