+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM Failure HELP!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey! I've recieved my PhoneBook SIM (or it should be), the weird part is that the SIM is all white, no brand, no nothing. Is there a way to know
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SIM Failure HELP!
    Hey!
    I've recieved my PhoneBook SIM (or it should be), the weird part is that the SIM is all white, no brand, no nothing. Is there a way to know if this SIM will work before hand? I mean to know if this is the SIM's that should help me bypass the Emergency Call Screen.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I asked about a weird error I got. I have a 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07. It's unlocked with Blacksn0w. I tried to uninstall it and install the new untrlasn0w (1.1-1) however no matter how many times I tried it keeps searching and if I put on and off airplane mode I got "SIM Failure" popup and "Invlaid SIM" on the top left corner. I tried reseting network settings, hard reset (holding home + power) everything.

I'm afraid cause I want to upgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 but if I can't manage to get the unlock to work I will kill myself!!!!!

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome, but I read that this fix is when you upgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 and activate with the PhoneBook SIM. And the error is "Different SIM" but my error is "SIM Failure".

However I just testing the ultran0w still in 3.1.2 and get that error, also I saw around the WWW other few people getting this error, specially iPhone4 users. I'm just very scared to fall into this troubles after upgrding and getting lost forever!

Can you clearify if I'm wrong?

Thanks a lot pal!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

If you have the oldbootrom, then at jailbroken 3.1.2 by Blackrain, you can restore to an hactivated custom firmware made by Pwnage tools of Snowbreeze of iOS 4.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If you have the oldbootrom, then at jailbroken 3.1.2 by Blackrain, you can restore to an hactivated custom firmware made by Pwnage tools of Snowbreeze of iOS 4.0.
    Sadly mine is new bootrom

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my iPhone4 error SIM Failure, tried to restore and it was working fine. Give it a try.