Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Contacts Gone After Restore

Default All Contacts Gone After Restore
    I have an iphone 3gs and was traveling in the past. I jailbreak and unlocked my iphone using “Blackrain” to use with different carrier. All went OK and I was able to use the Iphone with different carrier. The issue is that after traveling when I got back recently I did not needed any unlock features so I connected to “Itunes” to upgrade the iphone to the newest operating system. “Itunes” did upgrade the iphone to the newest OS but looks like it did a factory reset since the previous OS was through “Blackrain”. All my contact and notes, everything is gone.

Before I traveled and jailbreak and unlocked the iphone I did make a backup of my iphone through “itunes”, and I do have a backup file sitting in the backup folder of the itunes. Can someone please suggest a way how I can load the backup I did before traveling on my iphone through itunes or any other way, so I can restore all my contact information. Any tips or directions would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by amoda123 View Post
    I have an iphone 3gs and was traveling in the past. I jailbreak and unlocked my iphone using “Blackrain” to use with different carrier. All went OK and I was able to use the Iphone with different carrier. The issue is that after traveling when I got back recently I did not needed any unlock features so I connected to “Itunes” to upgrade the iphone to the newest operating system. “Itunes” did upgrade the iphone to the newest OS but looks like it did a factory reset since the previous OS was through “Blackrain”. All my contact and notes, everything is gone.

Before I traveled and jailbreak and unlocked the iphone I did make a backup of my iphone through “itunes”, and I do have a backup file sitting in the backup folder of the itunes. Can someone please suggest a way how I can load the backup I did before traveling on my iphone through itunes or any other way, so I can restore all my contact information. Any tips or directions would be nice.
    Connect your iphone to itunes, right click on your iphone on the left column and you get a drop down and find "restore from backup". Click on that and just choose the profile you want to restore the backup from.