Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking Unlocked Iphone 3GS To India

Default Taking Unlocked Iphone 3GS To India
    My I-Phone 3GS is unlocked with the latest UltraSn0w Version. My IOS firmware is 4.01. I know my Iphone 3GS is unlocked because I tested it with somebody else's T-Mobile Sim Card, I turned off 3G and it worked like a champ after entering his SIM Password. My question is if I take my unlocked Iphone to India, will I just be able to pop in a local prepaid sim card over there and it will "just work"? Can I use my apps out there like Facebook? Any chance of being able to use Google Maps if I have a 3G connection? Thanks!

@Shaanm, yes it will work in india with any prepaid or postpaid SIMS but right now we have 3G facility only in BSNL with that you can access Facebook, twitter, google maps etc.
    Or opt for the data plan from Airtel or Vodaphone which costs less than Rs 299 per month

Quote Originally Posted by shaanm View Post
    My I-Phone 3GS is unlocked with the latest UltraSn0w Version. My IOS firmware is 4.01. I know my Iphone 3GS is unlocked because I tested it with somebody else's T-Mobile Sim Card, I turned off 3G and it worked like a champ after entering his SIM Password. My question is if I take my unlocked Iphone to India, will I just be able to pop in a local prepaid sim card over there and it will "just work"? Can I use my apps out there like Facebook? Any chance of being able to use Google Maps if I have a 3G connection? Thanks!
    You will need to update your APN settings for the local carrier to get data to work.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The phone portion will work perfectly. I do it all the time . Data will work as well, but getting it set up might require a trip to the mobile carrier for proper carrier & iPhone set-up/settings.

Cong dude What was ur procedure can i know as I am living in India it self trying hard to brake it