Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 sim not supported - slide for emergency on att

Default iPhone 4 sim not supported - slide for emergency on att
    Hi everyone,

So I have read on issues like this but not anything in my same situation.

I have had 3 iPhone 4 's all do the same thing... is it my computer maybe?

Anyway:

I have att
    all of the phones worked fine
    were jailbroken using jailbreak me
    had *******
    were restored normally and with dfu mode

Nothing worked, they all came up with the sim not supported slide for emergency.

Am I missing an easy procedure to get out of this?

That doesnt make sense. It should come out of emergency mode if your iPhone is connected to iTunes with the official carriers sim inside. Theres no way to hacktivate an iPhone 4 yet so I would contact at&t or apple about this issue. Weird.

I agree it's pretty weird, not sure if by any chance it's something "off" like the usb hub I'm using... something.

To correct the above post, this happened to 2 different iPhones, but the second one had a sim that was not active at the time, i.e. I had switched my account to a 3G so that I could test the restore / return the phone.

I'm stumped, and figured a ton of people would have the same problem with the new jailbreak on their iPhone 4.

I used jailbreakme, restored my iPhone 4 several times, and had no problems at all. Maybe remove the sim tray and try to realign the sim. If that doesnt work try a different computer. Last resort call apple or att.

To be honest, I've already swapped the phones. And I don't plan to restore again but I have the same software setup I've had for awhile now. The first restore was to 4.01 the second to 4.02.

I tried several times to reseat the sim, called att and apple. Even the apple store couldn't get pass the carrier lock by restoring the phone.
    Last edited by yi3o8; 08-13-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yi3o8 View Post
    Hi everyone,

So I have read on issues like this but not anything in my same situation.

I have had 3 iPhone 4 's all do the same thing... is it my computer maybe?

Anyway:

I have att
    all of the phones worked fine
    were jailbroken using jailbreak me
    had *******
    were restored normally and with dfu mode

Nothing worked, they all came up with the sim not supported slide for emergency.

Am I missing an easy procedure to get out of this?
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/how-to-fix-different-sim-detected-problem-after-jailbreaking-your-iphone-using-jailbreakme.html

TRY THIS WEBSITE IT ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME

Did it say different SIM detected?
    Or Did you have emergency call, but you got signal in the top left corner?

If yes, then this may works for you: Install hacktivation patch. Read it here: Fix “Different SIM detected” after Jailbroken using JailbreakMe

I have tried this and it worked for a bit... But when I reboot the phone a few times it happens again. Any ideas? I have restored my iphone 4 at least 4 times.

These options are good and might work, but my particular problem is that the phone is working fine, then jailbroken with jailbreakme. After a restore it will not get past slide for emergency (no error message) even with a supported sim and multiple restore methods.

Weird right?