+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How activate iphone 4 with out zip and SSN code

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello I have the iPhone in April, when I bought it, he was with the SIM card, I plugged it in, and it does not activate it. We must enter
    Di9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How activate iphone 4 with out zip and SSN code
    Hello I have the iPhone in April, when I bought it, he was with the SIM card, I plugged it in, and it does not activate it. We must enter the code holder and the code. What should I do? I'm not in the U.S. and I do not have to contact AT&T, I bought a phone on Ebay.. is the solution?

Thanks

There are no tools to hacktivate as of now.
    Your going to have to find the code. Sorry man.

Can you post a picture of iTunes asking for the code?

Di9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iTunes - Screen shot 2010-08-13 at 4.36.22 PM.png
    Interestingly, I tried different AT&T sim-cards and multisim and empty sim. Number in iTunes does not change .. I think that the only solution - is to intercept data from iTunes, and replace them. Earlier this program does iPhone Activation Server for iTunes 7 .. but it did not upgrade, I think she now vryatli help. And I'm alone I can not do everything correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is no solution to bypass the SSN & Zip Code activation beside getting those info from the original owner of the Iphone 4. No phonebook sim or any other sims would work. Ask the seller to provide the last 4 digits of SSN & Zip Code so Itunes can activate your IP4 or you will have to return the phone. Sorry but there's no hacktivation tools at this time.

Don't try to DFU, because it still won't bypass the SSN screen and the IP4 now will be at firmware 4.0.2 which prevents you from jailbreaking and unlock.

Di9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and if the seller will give me a zip code and PRS? His current contract break? Or he will have to pay $ 300 for closing the contract AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, worse case is the sim he is currently using will get disconnected as the sim that comes with the IP4 will be activated...so the seller will need to get a new sim to use his old phone number.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is great information guys...I was going to pick up an ATT phone Monday but maybe I shouldnt since I'm in Canada.

Question tho, can we use a prepaid ATT sim card? Or can I use my best friends SSN and zip since hes a dual citizen and has both a US address and SSN?

Actually, he has ATT as well, so I could probably use his info but unfortunately if I pick up a prepaid sim it wouldn't have his number associated to it would it?

PS- Does anyone know if Rogers or Fido or Bell activation is done the same way through itunes like that ATT screenshot? Or is this something unique to ATT?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    this is great information guys...I was going to pick up an ATT phone Monday but maybe I shouldnt since I'm in Canada.

Question tho, can we use a prepaid ATT sim card? Or can I use my best friends SSN and zip since hes a dual citizen and has both a US address and SSN?

Actually, he has ATT as well, so I could probably use his info but unfortunately if I pick up a prepaid sim it wouldn't have his number associated to it would it?

PS- Does anyone know if Rogers or Fido or Bell activation is done the same way through itunes like that ATT screenshot? Or is this something unique to ATT?
    Google is your best friend. Try to do a google search before flooding the forums with questions that have already been answered.

iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

To all Iphone 4 and 3GS new boot rom oweners that are stuck on the SSN & Zip Code Screen, there are NO SOLUTION to bypass and activate your phone! NO phonebook sim card, DITS, a friend's active IP4 sim, DFU, or any other solutions would work. Don't waste your time & more $.

Your phone was bought from the Apple online store and is LOCKED to the original owner's account (hence using your friend's SIM card or a phonebook SIM is USELESS) who likely got the IP4/ 3GS at a discount and therefore extending the contract but has not fulfill his/her end of the commitment to the carrier (AT&T) by activating the IP4 with their 4 digits SSN & Zip Code. Phones bought from AT&T directly or other partners DO NOT have this problem (hence susceptible to the sherif hasim method of the phonebook sim card hack).

I have spent countless hours already on this topic since 3.1.3 (1.5 years and counting) and THERE IS NOT SOLUTION. YOU HAVE A USELESS BRICK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION is if the dev team find a way to hactivate the device on the next jailbreak (which is NOT their priority as people like us are in the minority). You can feel free to petition to the dev team on twitter (MuscleNerd, pod2g, planetbeing, iphone_dev) on this.

The only other solution is to get the original owner's SSN and zip or return for another phone.

In future, kindly do a google search and stop wasting people's time in answering old questions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I buy an iPhone 4 that originally required an SSN and a zip code to be activated, but the seller had it entered for me, will I need the zip code and the SSN if I want to reactivated my phone after an update or a restore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boorish View Post
    If I buy an iPhone 4 that originally required an SSN and a zip code to be activated, but the seller had it entered for me, will I need the zip code and the SSN if I want to reactivated my phone after an update or a restore?
    No need to do so, it's just one-time activation as it connects with the iPhone's IMEI.
    So the next restore won't ask for such thing.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Are you trying to activate the phone with AT&T SIM Card with internet?
    Try Activating with WIFI and not iTunes method

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    Are you trying to activate the phone with AT&T SIM Card with internet?
    Try Activating with WIFI and not iTunes method
    Won't work, as I said before it's been locked and the IMEI has been 'marked' to ask ssn every time it tries to activate.
    So, unless the required information filled, it stays doomed handset.

** Edit **
    Sorry, for iPhone 4 with iOS 5, or lower, you'll be able to bypass the screen with redsn0w hacktivation. 4s and 5 is not possible at the moment.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Thanks

Talking Shawn i can fix this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Di9 View Post
    Hello I have the iPhone in April, when I bought it, he was with the SIM card, I plugged it in, and it does not activate it. We must enter the code holder and the code. What should I do? I'm not in the U.S. and I do not have to contact AT&T, I bought a phone on Ebay.. is the solution?
    I can fix that issue please let me know shawn at iphonetutors.com

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Unlock the phone on ebay for $2 bucks and then put your own sim to activate