Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 Unlock+Jailbreak Help SOS!!!

Default iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 Unlock+Jailbreak Help SOS!!!
    Hi everyone. I'm new to all this iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking stuff.

I bought an iPhone off a guy on kijiji.ca, and whenever I put my SIM card in it, it isn't recognized and iTunes tells me my SIM card isn't supported. My iPhone is version 4.0.1 and it is the 3GS model 16GB. When I turn on my iPhone, the USB cable and iTunes logo appears.

I tried using several youtube videos to help me try and unlock my iPhone but those videos usually tell me to download software such as redsn0w or sn0wbreeze and when I try to browse the IPSW, I can't find it even though I have it downloaded the ZIP file onto my desktop. When I unzip the IPSW file, it doesn't work either. I feel so lost and have no idea what I'm doing.

If anyone can provide me with step by step instructions on what I need to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

First of all, if you download the fw, do not unzip, just rename the extension from .zip to .ipsw
    Secondly , at Emergency Screen you need an official sim card/phonebook sim card to activate it first.
    Lastly , go to JailbreakMe from Safari to jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Exclamation Getting past the Emergency Screen with out an official sim card/phonebook sim card ?
    Hey guys, I just recently updated my iphone 3gs from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 and I'm having a problem getting past the emergency screen as i do not have an official sim card/phonebook sim card.

Is there any way that i could get around it so i can unlock and jailbreak my phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no other way around.

Hello
    i jailbreaked my 3GS IOS 4.01 with Pwnage 4.01
    You just need to add to pwnage 4.01 the bundle for firmware IOS 4.01.
    Don't forget to check the option (Activate iphone in Pwnage)

Look here:
    Downgrade IOS4.01 vers IOS4.0 suite mise jour itunes - Help please - Forum iPhone 4, iPad & iPod

If you don't have saved your ECID - SHSH and you need to downgrade,
    Try to return to 3.1.2 firmware with an old version of itunes (v8 for example - i done it yesterday)
    Only latest version of itunes check the firmware version on apple servers...
    Last edited by fced; 08-06-2010 at 06:58 PM.

@fced, that method would work only for 3g right? not for 3gs!!

i dont think itunes 8 would let me install 3.1.2. can anyone confirm that?

Thanks

Itunes 8.2 will allow you to install OS 3.1.2

^^ Thanks. iTunes 8.2 will allow me to install 3.1.2 without saying "the device is not eligible" on a 3gs device? Are you sure? I am sure it works on 3g but on 3gs?