+ Reply
Page 1 of 26 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just unlocked my Iphone 4 using ultrasn0w 1.0-1 but I'm having some issue with the Facetime indicating "waiting for activation". I tried hard rebooting, resetting the network setting, power
    Thanks

Question Facetime - "Waiting for Activation" on T-Mobile
    I just unlocked my Iphone 4 using ultrasn0w 1.0-1 but I'm having some issue with the Facetime indicating "waiting for activation". I tried hard rebooting, resetting the network setting, power cycling but nothing worked. I do have an unlimited text messaging on my T-Mobile account. Does anyone know a solution to this issue? thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The same happens with factory unlocked iPhones, I guess it only works with the supported carrier because I can't find anyone who got it working.

Thanks

Same here. That's a bummer. I was looking forward to using Facetime on Tmob. I hope someone has a solution to this or coming up with one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it should work. My mom got it from here (used my ATT upgrade) and took it with her in a different country and popped in her simcard and we were able to facetime earlier. My dad on the other hand (same scenario) but he needs to change his APN settings to his carrier. Right now, it also says waiting for activation.. I'm tying to figure out how to change the MMS APN settings since it does not have the section to enter mms information.

Facetime per AT&T needs MMS/Text messaging enabled and working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem, just unlocked it with ultrasn0w 1.0-1 and now I have Waiting for Activation on FaceTime.
    I'm using Orange in Israel, any thoughts on that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You'll probably need to [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984943"]hack your commcenter[/ame] (Follow first 8 steps) and install a custom t-mobile bundle with the following lines added to the carrier.plist:

HTML Code:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>00447786205094</string>
    Although it seems that carriers get confused with the SMS being sent and don't properly send it to the phone so I don't think it will work.

*Due to the way Facetime communicates with Apple, text message charges may appear for unsupported carriers
    Last edited by GoodOmens; 08-04-2010 at 10:22 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodOmens For This Useful Post:

Anisoul (08-04-2010)

Thanks

Can someone who has tried the instruction below confirm whether or not the method will work on an iphone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
    You'll probably need to hack your commcenter (Follow first 8 steps) and install a custom t-mobile bundle with the following lines added to the carrier.plist:

For US*:

HTML Code:
    <string>28818773</string>
    For other regions (Mainly EU at the moment but the same setting is for NZ carriers)*

HTML Code:
    <string>00447786205094</string>
    *Due to the way Facetime communicates with Apple, text message charges may appear for unsupported carriers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    After some feedback it seems that this won't work for unsupported carriers due to the way they handle the SMS being sent to/from the gateway. Your mileage may vary of course.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*Due to the way Facetime communicates with Apple, text message charges may appear for unsupported carriers*

That's the message I got.

iPhone? More like MyPhone capttanhowdy's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine wont work either. From what I understand we should be able to use facetime since its just over wifi. HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

FaceTime also saying "waiting for activation".
    still even after i let it sit all night.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you...I have a friends iPhone 4 microSIM and when plugging that into my iPhone (unlocked using ultrasn0w) FaceTime gets activated, however when putting my T-Mobile US SIM in, it just says "waiting for activation"

Green Apple
    Thanks

i read that it might have something to do with MMS.
    so since i didnt have the cellular data network tab i installed winterboard then installed supreme preferences from a source.

then i enabled the cellular data network tab and input two different settings in the MMS but neither worked.

then i went to settings>phone and my facetime ON/OFF switch was completely gone!

so i guess i cant have supreme preferences installed...
    how else do you get the MMS/APN editor on iphone 4 4.0 unlocked/jailbroken?

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone try to activate (facetime) with a att sim, and then put in the tmob one?

(never mind - just realized someone posted that they did try it..)

US Pre Paid FaceTime issue!!

confused - so this guy has it running on prepaid?

also found this post - now this sounds real shady... also i thought the jailbreak was fixed, or there was a fix in cydia that updated this?
    http://ihackmyi.com/forum/index.php?topic=24075.0
    Last edited by realjaja; 08-04-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

im pretty sure after i installed winterboard and supreme preferences 3.0 to get the Cellular Data Network tab to edit MMS settings, the FaceTime ON/OFF switch completely disappeared from phone settings (settings>phone)

please help!
    i uninstalled supreme preferences 3.0, winterboard, and the source i added to get SP 3.0.

?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have theory. I'm guess our FaceTime "T-Mobile User" won't activate just like we can't send emoji to AT&T iPhone users. I'm guessing that it's sending out characters that t-mobile doesn't support. I think if you travel out of the country and roam it will active your FaceTime. If that makes any sense...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you need to have MMS activated before facetime will work. I am on AT&T and when I got the IP4 upgrade, my MMS/Text was disabled by the rep and facetime will not work. I called apple support and ATT support (both of them on the same line) and they figured that if you have MMS disabled, you cannot use facetime...

As a troubleshooting step, send yourself a MMS. if you receive it, then face time should be activated, if not, you have to figure out a way to enable MMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have MMS set up on my account. I can receive and send them. FaceTime still isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermason11 View Post
    you need to have MMS activated before facetime will work. I am on AT&T and when I got the IP4 upgrade, my MMS/Text was disabled by the rep and facetime will not work. I called apple support and ATT support (both of them on the same line) and they figured that if you have MMS disabled, you cannot use facetime...

As a troubleshooting step, send yourself a MMS. if you receive it, then face time should be activated, if not, you have to figure out a way to enable MMS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastermason11 View Post

I think this only applies to AT&T custoners coz I have unlimited text messaging on my account and have sent and received both regular text and MMS on my iphone 4 but still have "wating for activation" on facetime. I hope someone figures out a way to enable facetime ob T-Mobile otherwise iphone 4's best feature will be of no use to us T-mob users.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So for tmobile users there is absolutely no way to get FaceTime to work unless they release some sort of fix? And no one using an iPhone 4 on tmobile has gotten FaceTime to work?