+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 16gb questionnn

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I was giving a 3gs for free from my friend upon his upgrade to the 4g, so I figured I would unlock my new 3gs. But I decided to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs 16gb questionnn
    Hello,
    I was giving a 3gs for free from my friend upon his upgrade to the 4g, so I figured I would unlock my new 3gs. But I decided to drop in a gophone sim and saw that it worked just fine minus the data. Is this a normal thing to happen?
    My plan was to unlock it for tmobile/att gophone because I have both, but it just happen to work with no issues with the gophone sim.

current iphone stats
    3.1.3 (7e18)
    fw 05.12.01

my friend said it is not unlocked or anything yet, so if my phone can be unlocked ect.. what would be the best way/options for me to consider thank you.

also i would be unlocking with a windows based computer
    Last edited by cantbuymelove86; 07-18-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AKA westonben
    Thanks

You've got to use spirit to jailbreak then ultrasn0w. But if it's already working for calls then it's already unlocked. Have you checked your data settings?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps the fact that GoPhone is an ATT product means that it will work in an ATT sim-locked phone. I don't know that, just a guess.

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Search for unlockit and run that, it let's you changes you apn settings for data. Maybe that's all you need.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

cantbuymelove86 (07-24-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am thinking it is not unlocked just able to use a gophone sim because it was activated before, so what should I do just to unlock it thanks for all the input already

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Read the guides for spirit and ultrasnow. Should be easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

cantbuymelove86 (08-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok so just follow ultrasnow and i am fine?
    also i tried finding one with my current os and didnt see anything only saw 4.0 guide
    a link would be wonderful thank you.

AKA westonben
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

cantbuymelove86 (07-24-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok I used spirit it worked fine, but i am wondering do i have to do the whole bootnueter thing and do the steps?
    Also I see I have cydia installed already after using spirit so I guess things were done right?
    Thank for all of your help already I thank a few of you.

AKA westonben
    Thanks

You should be fine with what you have done already, just need ultrasnow and you are done!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantbuymelove86 View Post
    Hello,
    I was giving a 3gs for free from my friend upon his upgrade to the 4g, so I figured I would unlock my new 3gs. But I decided to drop in a gophone sim and saw that it worked just fine minus the data. Is this a normal thing to happen?
    My plan was to unlock it for tmobile/att gophone because I have both, but it just happen to work with no issues with the gophone sim.

current iphone stats
    3.1.3 (7e18)
    fw 05.12.01

my friend said it is not unlocked or anything yet, so if my phone can be unlocked ect.. what would be the best way/options for me to consider thank you.

also i would be unlocking with a windows based computer
    Your phone was locked to ATT when you got it and you were using an ATT pay and Go Sim "Go Phone" which is why it was working. Now that you have JB and UL you can use T-Mobile or continue using ATT. Pay and Go generally does not support Data in the US or the pricing is extremely high. If you want a data plan then you have to go on a month to month contract with either ATT or T-mobile but be aware ATT supports 3G data on the Iphone but T-Mobile only Edge because their 3G frequency is not compatible with Iphone.

Keep the Go phone SIM for the future. You will need it if you ever need to activate the phone after a restore.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 07-24-2010 at 08:30 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ran into a problem today i was about to sell my unlocked iphone and went to erase all the data from the iphone, and upon putting the sim card back the phone just stayed at the apple logo with the i guess time going by thing just the circle that rotates as it finishes?
    so now I am not sure what to do i hooked up to itunes and its in recovery mode and the screen turns on and just went to dim to nothing on there. Can someone help me please I need to reunlock it to use I am phoneless atm.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you did erase all content and settings then you have erased everything from the phone including the FW. There is only one solution and that is to restore the phone and re-jailbreak and unlock. Do not restore to latest software 4.0.2 if you can avoid it because it will prevent you from re-Jailbreaking. It appears that apple is still signing 4.0.1 so you should be able to restore to that version. Alternatively you should have SHSH blobs saved on Cydia and you can use those to fake out FW signing if apple made a change recently. Here is a tutorial: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7556

After Restore use jailbreakme.com from safari on your iphone to JB 4.0.1

Edit: I linked the wrong URL first time but now updated it.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 08-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just hooked up my iphone and saw I can restore to 3.1.3 should I do this

I tried the restore and I was given couldnt do this build or some crap.

ok I was able to restore the iphone to 4.0 even what should I do now re unlock/jailbreak with spirit this time I am on a mac.

updates galore
    i reinstalled 4.0
    used spirt
    and went to jailbreakme.com to unlock
    so now can i pop in a tmobile sim and use my phone
    or do i have to do something else in cydia
    Last edited by cantbuymelove86; 08-17-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantbuymelove86 View Post
    i just hooked up my iphone and saw I can restore to 3.1.3 should I do this

I tried the restore and I was given couldnt do this build or some crap.

ok I was able to restore the iphone to 4.0 even what should I do now re unlock/jailbreak with spirit this time I am on a mac.

updates galore
    i reinstalled 4.0
    used spirt
    and went to jailbreakme.com to unlock
    so now can i pop in a tmobile sim and use my phone
    or do i have to do something else in cydia
    Spirit does not work on IOS4 so basically it would have done nothing useful. Jailbreakme.com does the JB on IOS 4. Now that you have successfully done that you open Cydia go to repo666 and run Ultrasnow. That will do the baseband unlock for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HI every one , i have Iphone 3g 16 gig, when i downgrade it, it stuck, now all it showa Itunes logo with USB, i cant restore or anything, i tried to put my phone to DFU mode but cant, i used that tehnique but still cant, pls help me what to do?