Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO WI-FI & Apps CRASH 1.1.4 ZiPhone

Default NO WI-FI & Apps CRASH 1.1.4 ZiPhone
    i was on 1.1.2 otb .. with turbo sim .. few week ago i updated to 1.1.4 using ziphone .. my wi-fi doesnot connect to a network as soon it connects and i go to springboard it disconnects ..

and any application i would install would crash on my ifone - RESOLVED ... :happy:

IF YOU CAN HELP ME , PLEASE TEL ME SOLUTION <<

Can Anyone tell ME HOW TO REWRITE MY IPHONE TO ORIGINAL STATE BOOTLOADER BASEBAND AND ALL >>> ZiPhone REFURBISH DOESNT WORK FOR MY IFONE ... I HAS PERMANENTLY ... UNLOCKED MY IPHONE WHENEVER I DO RESTORE AND JUST HIT JAILBREAK AND ACTIVATE ... IT IS JAILBREAKED AND ACTIVATED AND ... WORKS WITH ANY SIM ... SOO PROBABLY SOMETHING WRONG WID MY IfONE

THANKS .. IF U CAN HELP ...

can anyone help ?
    Last edited by adityacool5; 03-20-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

I did the same stupid thing and learned a valuable lesson: In the end, ZiPhone WILL fcuk up your iPhone.

I found a way to fix it temporarily: I assume that you wanted to downgrade the bootloader, if so, follow these steps:

1)Restore to 1.1.3
    2)Use ZiPhone to erase the baseband
    3)Restore to 1.1.4
    4)Jailbreak/Unlock with iPlus and while you do that, let iPlus put a 3.9 fake blank bootloader

These should work for you too, if not, contact me from this thread.
    Last edited by aemreunal; 03-17-2008 at 04:57 PM.

k wil l try this one ...

did u reset all setting on your iphone,or reset network settings,or erase all content and settings?it should work,after you unlocked.i restore 1.1.4,unlocked use ziphone,everything work great(i mean youtube,mail,wifi,safari,,,,,,,,,).not problem at all.
    try it,restore again,use ziphone unlocked.then reset all settings,or network setting.

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    I did the same stupid thing and learned a valuable lesson: In the end, ZiPhone WILL fcuk up your iPhone.

I found a way to fix it temporarily: I assume that you wanted to downgrade the bootloader, if so, follow these steps:

1)Restore to 1.1.3
    2)Use ZiPhone to erase the baseband
    3)Restore to 1.1.4
    4)Jailbreak/Unlock with iPlus and while you do that, let iPlus put a 3.9 fake blank bootloader

These should work for you too, if not, contact me from this thread.

DUDE ITS NOT WRKING FOR ME .. STILL THE SAME PROBLEM ....

Quote Originally Posted by chg128 View Post
    did u reset all setting on your iphone,or reset network settings,or erase all content and settings?it should work,after you unlocked.i restore 1.1.4,unlocked use ziphone,everything work great(i mean youtube,mail,wifi,safari,,,,,,,,,).not problem at all.
    try it,restore again,use ziphone unlocked.then reset all settings,or network setting.
    YES I HAV TRIED .. IT ....
    Last edited by adityacool5; 03-18-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

What firmware are you currently on?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ziphone works perfect, but no one can seem to follow the directions written by the programmer!! Here is why most people have problems and is copied from the Trouble shooting file that comes with the ziphone download:

I) Other Jailbreaks

The most common source of problems is running ZiPhone after using other 1.1.3
    jailbreak solutions. The best case is to run ZiPhone on a cleanly restored 1.1.3
    phone. Other configurations that are known to work include starting with a
    jailbreakme.com 1.1.1 phone or oktoprep 1.1.2, possibly then updated to 1.1.3
    using iTunes.

It you start with a "Nate" or "Official Dev Team" jailbreak of 1.1.3, it's important
    that you tell iTunes to treat the phone as a NEW phone. That is, do not restore
    your existing phone's settings and configuration to the ZiPhone jailbroken phone.
    Restoring settings from other jailbreaks is *known* to cause problems.

If your phone is behaving badly after two different 1.1.3 jailbreaks, your best bet
    is to restore to a clean 1.1.3 install with iTunes and then run ZiPhone. Clicking
    the Restore button in iTunes should get you started. When prompted about backing up
    settings, choose "Do Not Backup". You WILL lose your settings on your phone, but any
    contacts or other data synced to your PC will be synced back when your restore is
    complete.

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    What firmware are you currently on?

This is what i am going to do now lemme try ...

1 - DFU MODE
    2 - 1.1.4 RESTORE iTunes
    3 - New Iphone
    4 - Ziphone ..

lets seee
    Last edited by adityacool5; 03-18-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Be sure you are NOT using your TurboSIM anymore after this.

Quote Originally Posted by adityacool5 View Post

This is what i am going to do now lemme try ...

1 - DFU MODE
    2 - 1.1.4 RESTORE iTunes
    3 - New Iphone
    4 - Ziphone ..

lets seee
    did not worked ....

man, I restored to 1.0.2 w/ ziphone and f--ked everything up. Couldn't get phone or web to work. Restored w/ w/out a sim in it and finally got phone and wi-fi under 1.1.1. Upgraded to 1.1.3 and now cannot get wi-fi again. I'm getting tired of upgrading/downgrading firmwares. I will probably just go back to 1.1.1 were everything seems stable.. BTW this happened even after upgrading to 1.1.4 and using IPLUS 2.

i refurbished my iphone around 3 times .. then erased baseband ... een though it was erased .. then DFU restore to 1.1.4 ..
    this really helped me .. now main focus .. on wi fi ...

that ibooter cmd is crashing on my pc .. dun knw why ...

NOT ABLE TO SSH AFTER iBOOTER ...
    Last edited by adityacool5; 03-20-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Help no wifi!!!
    i would try ibooter, if i knew how to,
    there is also this that i found http://ipluspwns.com/?q=node/65
    but cant use it since wifi dont wrk.. for some reason edge don work either..please help