+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bypass Iphone 3gs activation.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey, i bought a Iphone 3gs, but then i it sayed it needet a orginal sim or something to get pass activation, and i dont have that, is there some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bypass Iphone 3gs activation.
    Hey, i bought a Iphone 3gs, but then i it sayed it needet a orginal sim or something to get pass activation, and i dont have that, is there some way i can bypass that ? its 3.1.3,

have tryed jailbreaking with blackra1n and redsn0w, dident work
    Last edited by peeter887; 04-13-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont think you need the original one, I had an old one and used that and it worked fine. Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think i need one fron the same company, wich i dont know what is, but if i use myne wich is 3 mobile, it dosent work atleast :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try a cingular one if you can find one, thats what I used.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont know what u mean with a cingular sim card ? what is that, and how do i get one ? I tryed with 2 diffrent sim cards, but it dident accept any of them

Thanks

Sn0wBreeze works just fine for 3GS

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should i use Expert mode or simble mode ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Either. Just make sure you create "activated" firmware. It should ask you if you're using an AT&T or other provider.

Thanks

You just bought it

Jailbreakin that is not possible at the moment
    Last edited by iphone8130hak; 04-13-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Keithsta

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pop any AT&T sim in and iTunes will activate. (assuming the phone is from the US)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its not from usa, its from greese, but i dont know wich sim provider he used :S

when i try the Snowbreeze, i make the ipws or whats it called, but when i trys in itunes, i either get fail 13 - 14 - 1069 - what should i do

cant get it to work please help guys ! I have tryed making a .SHSH file, putd it into DFU mode, and then tryed to put on a custom .ipsw, but it dident work, got fail 1600, -- please help !
    Last edited by peeter887; 04-14-2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

did you put it in DFU using the iH8sn0w iReb program? Sometimes it will give you an error, but the process will work anyway. I'd also make sure you are using a good, Apple original firmware IPSW file downloaded from the Downloads section of MMI (here).

also, run the f0recast program from iH8sn0w too to make sure you know what the system specs are. write back, well help you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thehumble1, i had DFU on, and then i used the iH8sn0w and then it gave an error, but the screen dident turn any color, and nothing happend, and it says it should turn white, but i allso have 3.1.3, and the program says it works for 3.1.2 only, so i tryed to download a program AutoSHSH 3.1.3/3.2, and i used it, and it created an .SHSH file, wich just got made on the desktop, so then it still was in DFU mode, then i opned itunes, and i tryed to Shift-click on restore.

I took the file that i created myself with Snowbreeze, (i took activate so it should be right, but the IPSW, i used to "hack" was one from iclarified.com or something

I really dont know whats going wrong, could i get your MSN or something so we could talk Thehumble1

and btw, i have tryed to use f0recast, but it just said waiting for idevise,

edit again, :b should i have my own simcard in, or should i just take it out and have nothing in ? :b -- tryed up there with nothing in

edit again, again got f0recast to work, it says this
    Bastband: 05.12.01
    bootloader 6.4
    model mc132
    jailbreakable only if shsh is saved
    unlockable ? NO
    tethered ? maybe - depends if refurb
    Last edited by peeter887; 04-14-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

it shouldn't matter if your sim card is in or not when you are doing the process. I usually take it out so I don't try to check anything until it's done.

I don't like the fact that f0recast can't find your phone, but I had one that did the same thing and it came back too.

I have a few suggestions. First i've had an issue with iReb that sounds similar. If you unplug your iPhone and plug it back in, or power cycle it, the white screen sometimes comes on because the iReb program told the phone to go to the white screen mode, but didn't get a chance to tell it to reboot before it crashed. Just a thought.

I'm not on MSN or anything and in and out of the office, so I can't do a chat right now. I'll keep checking in though.

ahh, there you go. The 6.4 bootloader will keep you from unlocking it for sure and the fact that you are trying to get a shsh. At least you know where to start. You need to look for threads about people jailbreaking the 6.4 bootloader with 5.12.1 on the 3GS, since there are a lot of different 3GS instances out there, you need to make sure that the instructions you are following are for people with the same bootloader and baseband.

also, you didn't mention what network you want to get it working on. you said 3 mobile? It's also best to give a lot more detail in your initial post. Where are you? what network do you want to use? where did you get the phone, what is the first 5 digits of the serial number? anything else will help a lot too, like what you've tried so far and what guides you are using to do learn how to do it.
    Last edited by thehumble1; 04-14-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehumble1 View Post

also, you didn't mention what network you want to get it working on. you said 3 mobile? It's also best to give a lot more detail in your initial post. Where are you? what network do you want to use? where did you get the phone, what is the first 5 digits of the serial number? anything else will help a lot too, like what you've tried so far and what guides you are using to do learn how to do it.
    I dont get what the last things, will mean, but i'll try search for a way to get through 6.4, or i maybe have to wait for 4.0 ? will it work when that comes ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If the phone is from Greece, you'll have to import a sim (prepaid typically works) from the official carrier in that country to bypass activation. There are two iPhone carriers currently in Greece, Vodafone and Cosmote. My gut says Vodafone was the carrier, but you never know. Apple told me my phone's provider by backtracing the serial number and giving me its history, I suggest you give them a call and give them your serial

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay thanks, but about how much will it costs ? ;o