Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Hungary Unlock

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile Hungary Unlock
    Can anyone give me a definite yes or no as to weather T-Mobile in Hungary will or will not unlock an iPhone? (3gs), I'm in the US and need this done one way or another, and I have seen the Apple support article saying they will, but I was curious if anyone knows from experience weather or not they do.

I know that Apple will not unlock a phone for you in the USA. I am not sue if they will in Hungary. It depends on who they official carrier of the iPhone in the country of origin for the particular phone. If the iPhone was purchased in the USA, then no it will not be unlocked by Apple. If it was purchased abroad, such as hungary, you will need to check with Apple there.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

It WAS purchased in Hungary. That's why I am asking, does anyone know firsthand if T-Mo there will do it? Apple's support article says Tmobile is one of the carriers that is authorized to do factory unlocks.

Call 1-800-MyiPhone and ask them. Or you will need to call T-Mobile in Hungary.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

Apple had no idea what to do, they gave me a coupon to use in the store which was nice, but doesn't solve my problem at all, I'm gonna try Hungary tonight, but the language barrier may be a problem. I called at like 4 AM there I got the poor lady to say call at 8, so I'll dial back in a couple hours.

Haha, Apple and their coupons. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks

Failed. I got a terrible support lady, they refuse to unlock it unless you go to a store which is kind of odd. I might call again another time.

Thanks

Update: Got an email this morning, they said they will unlock me via email. I have to wire about 100 USD to them and provide my IMEI, but assuming this works, it'll be totally worth it.

Sounds fishy....

Thanks

Not really. Since I'm out of country, I will have to do an international payment to them, and the email came directly from them. (tmobile.hu) They will send my IMEI code to apple as they would in shop and iTunes will open the phone.

Cool, let us know how it goes then

Thanks

Yeah, here's a picture of the email. I know the grammar was pretty bad (I was skeptical, but take into account almost none of these people speak English fluently), and circled is the domain/email, so as far as I'm concerned, this is pretty much legit.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, my Hungarian sim came today, phone unlocked beautifully
    now to send the money off to Hungary~
    Last edited by neodude237; 03-04-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Congrats!

Thanks

Sorry I meant it activated beautifully... whoops haha, still have to get the unlock, but I am now "roaming" on T-Mobile USA, at least I can use this as an iPod Touch now -_-

Thanks

Update for anyone that cares: T-Mobile Hungary is still NOT unlocking my phone after repeatedly saying they would, and they now have my money yet claim they can't "find it". (after it clearly left my bank account and I had the bank write up a receipt for them) Hopefully this works out soon :/
    Last edited by neodude237; 03-24-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neodude237 View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, my Hungarian sim came today, phone unlocked beautifully
    now to send the money off to Hungary~
    neodude: what is iphone model #?

greedy bastards! Sorry to hear that you lost your money!

Thanks

iPhone 3gs^
    and yeah, im gonna keep hammering until they open it. one month without a phone... and being a 16 year old that only makes it worse