Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to fake activate iphone 3g

Default how to fake activate iphone 3g
    ***************EDIT TO TITTLE******************
    im asking for help in fake activating it or bypassing this screen

I have had this damn iphone for a week, my girlfriend gave it to me before she left for Hawaii, her dad is a marine and got stationed there. so this POS is stuck at the connect to itunes graphic, i just want to use it as a ipod and small internet browser. i realllllly need help with this, im at a loss, please is there a way to "fake" activate it, i don't have at&t and don't plan on getting it, i am running windows 7,

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jadkins; 01-03-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    what firmware are you running? Mac or PC?
    You will have to put the phone in DFU mode, restore and then jailbreak it to Hacktivate (activate) it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jadkins (01-03-2010)

i have tried that with pwnage tool
    what program would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by jadkins View Post
    i have tried that with pwnage tool
    what program would you suggest?
    and i have no clue what firmware im running, i have windows, so a pc. im willing to download whatever i need for this to work!
    Last edited by jadkins; 01-03-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Put the iPhone in DFU Mode

Click "Restore"

It'll download the latest firmware (3.1.2). Wait until its done, and you'll be at the same place you're at now, except you'll know the firmware

Then download BlackRa1n and run it. It's really easy, just click "Make it ra1n" and your iPhone will reboot, do it thing and it'll reboot and be hacktivated!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow25 For This Useful Post:

jadkins (01-03-2010)

ohmygod thank you so much!!!!!!!
    i finally have my over priced ipod. thank you guys

Post 1st Gen iPhone (2g) Hacktivated, Jailbroken & Unlocked with 3.1.2 blackrain & bootneu
    Hi, ModMyi.com is a game changer along with the rest of the community. It is amazing.

My 2g iPhone broke and apple replaced it today. It was originally with att, and since then i migrated service to t-mobile due to the poor service and practice of att.

When the phone was plugged into Itunes it would not activate.
    (as expected)

I placed it into DFU Mode (10sec+ home+pwr buttons. apple logo=release pwr hold home until phone is reccognized.)

Once in DFU i ran black rain just as the tutorials and manuals describe. (the key is to actually be IN DFU mode).

Black rain ran and as expected the phone was locked, meaning it would function at the device and wifi level with springboard.

To enable the cellular and telephone function I simply used black rain to install cydia & boot neuter.

Boot Neuter is an amazing tool, following the instructions it unlocked my phone perfectly and everything is up and running in less than an hour.
    When your running boot neuter make sure to TURN OFF Auto-Lock and carefully give it time to work.

PM for any details or help.

(the primary cause for writing this was to clarify that 2g iphones can unlock with blackra1n and bootneuter on 3.1.2ipsw)

cheers!

SuccessAptitude.com

I'm in the same boat. I just want to play around w/ the interface. However, if I did a DFU restore oh say, I'm guessing begining of March, am I now on FW 3.1.3? Will this method work with FW 3.1.3. If not can I just DL the firmware from the top and restore to an old version?

OS= Windows 7
    iTunes= latest
    iphone= older 3G but DFU'd.
    Last edited by Sick Nasty; 04-05-2010 at 06:17 PM.

^i had the same problem 3.1.3 with bootloader 5.12.01

what i did was use redsn0w 0.9.4 with the 3.1.2 restore file
    worked like a charm after trying to figure it out for 48 hours!

PM me if you don't get it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    Put the iPhone in DFU Mode

Click "Restore"

It'll download the latest firmware (3.1.2). Wait until its done, and you'll be at the same place you're at now, except you'll know the firmware

Then download BlackRa1n and run it. It's really easy, just click "Make it ra1n" and your iPhone will reboot, do it thing and it'll reboot and be hacktivated!

THATS GREAT BUT IT DOESNT WORK!! IVE GOT AN ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G WITH 4GIGS
    BLACK RAIN KEEPS SAYING ASL.dll IS MISSING FROM MY COMPUTER
    AND REDSNOW CANT FIND FRIMWARE.... IM SOOO CONFUSED!