Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Unlock w/Existing Jailbreak NO WIFI

Angry Iphone 3GS Unlock w/Existing Jailbreak NO WIFI
    Have no wifi after installing Blacks0w using Cydia. My iphone was already jailbroken using 3.12 custom ipsw when I installed Blacksn0w to unlock. After unlocking phone shows Wifi, AT&T Service and 3G, BUT AS SOON AS REBOOTING LOSES WIFI.

Realize the WIFI issue is noted on the Blackra1n site by Geohot, however resetting the network does not bring back WIFI.
    I HAD TO RESTORE TO MY CUSTOM 3.12 IPSW IN ORDER TO GET BACK WIFI.
    AND HAVE SACRIFICED THE UNLOCK I BELIEVE IN THE PROCESS.
    I'M ON AT&T SO DON'T NEED THE UNLOCK NOW...WANTED IT FOR FUTURE.

IPHONE: 3GS W/Custom 3.12 IPSW / ECID hashes already on Cydia Server
    Baseband: 5.11.07

Appreciate any help to unlock while retaining WIFI. Anticipate future updates will require custom ipsw so didn't want to jailbreak with Blackra1n.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the same thing happened with me...

make a network reset guys from setings- general - reset then reset network settings!
    you re welcome

but i have anothe problem my wirless is available but i cant connect to my network, so im stuck ath the unlocking ( cant downoad cydia and blaksn0w)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so deleted blacksn0w on cydia and restarted iphone and wifi worked as it should... i downloaded rock app from cydia and then added blackra1n and then downloaded blacksn0w from rock app and iphone works as it should

Quote Originally Posted by void4114 View Post
    so deleted blacksn0w on cydia and restarted iphone and wifi worked as it should... i downloaded rock app from cydia and then added blackra1n and then downloaded blacksn0w from rock app and iphone works as it should
    Could you please explain the steps and the prerequisites for this? I was on a non-Jb 3Gs at 3.1.2, so I did blackra1n ans then snow right after each other. And I don't have Cydia. Are you saying that I should install Cydia, and then I can uninstall blackra1n using Cydia? After that install rock and blackra1n and then snow?

sorry , I'm a total n00b here.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    your right on your explanation...

if you dont have cydia..

install cydia and goto manage

then click on packages

find blacksnow and click on it..

in the top right corner hit modify and uninstall blacksnow..

once done with the uninstall of blacksnow hit the home button

once at the home screen hold the power button and slipe to shut off...

once iphone is shut down hold power and turn back on...

then goto settings then wifi and connect to your wireless router..

once connected to wi-fi goto cydia and search and download rock app.(which is sapposed to be a easier cydia installing)

once rock is installed exit cydia and open rock

once in rock click manage and then manage sources..

then click edit then add, and add blackweather then click add source.

once source is installed search and install blacksnow

once blacksnow is installed from rock you shouldnt have a problem with your wifi... i haveent had one all night and i was at 4 diffrent houses that i use wifi at lastnight

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to void4114 For This Useful Post:

agcec1 (11-05-2009), stefully (12-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ papicho

Thanks...worked for me.

if you dont have cydia..

then click on packages

once connected to wi-fi goto cydia and search and download rock app.(which is sapposed to be a easier cydia installing)

once blacksnow is installed from rock you shouldnt have a problem with your wifi... i haveent had one all night and i was at 4 diffrent houses that i use wifi at lastnight
    Thanks. One question though - have you rebooted the phone at all since you did that? Is the wifi holding up even through reboots?

Why I ask is, when I say "no wifi", actually I am unable to use my home wifi but every other wifi hotspot works. Strange. But if I reboot, I lose wifi altogether, then I have to reset network settings and reboot aagain to get wifi back ( again, works everywhere except at home).

in china market ,as the china goverment require, the phone has not wifi ,in other market, should has wifi

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ive rebooted my phone a couple times and it picks up as it should...

For what it's worth -- I have 3.1.2 3G[S] w/ Blackra1n and blacksn0w ... I occasionally do not pick up Wifi on bootup, but I've fouund I don't need to do the Reset Network Settings thing -- sometimes just rebooting fixes it. Can anyone else report this behavior?

Does anyone know if the WiFi issues are caused by Blacksn0w or is it caused by the Blackra1n Jailbreak? If it's from Blackra1n jailbreak then maybe Jailbreaking with PwnageTool or Redsn0w and then Unlocking with Blacksn0w will solve this issue....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It is definetly related to Blacksnow. If I uninstall blacksnow I have no problems with my wifi.

Ok... I have an 8gb 2G and I updated it to 3.1.2 in itunes. Then I JB'd with Blackra1n. My wifi is greyed out and won't come back up. I've tried resetting network setting, rebooting, rejailbreaking, restoring again, resetting ALL settings, etc. Basically tried everything and wifi is still greyed out. So, without wifi I can't install Cydia and can't sn0w to unlock. What am I doing wrong. I've even tried shift+restoring with an activated 3.1.2 Custom Restore ispw, but it freezes halfway through the restore. Anyone have this problem or know what I should do? Thanks.

Default Doesn't work..!!!

if you dont have cydia..

then click on packages

This method doesn't work for me. WiFi is still not working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal 28 View Post
    It is definetly related to Blacksnow. If I uninstall blacksnow I have no problems with my wifi.
    I lost my wifi every since I used blackra1n and snow...for a week i tried every thing: resets,reboots..so i was going to uninstall blacksn0w but I used geohots file and didnt have it on Cydia to remove so was going to uninstall BR and restore and start all over...but I clicked on the blackra1n icon reinstalled blacksn0w and wham back came my wifi...dont ask me why...so I think some of you might try to redo blacksnow by any method.....glta

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    I lost my wifi every since I used blackra1n and snow...for a week i tried every thing: resets,reboots..so i was going to uninstall blacksn0w but I used geohots file and didnt have it on Cydia to remove so was going to uninstall BR and restore and start all over...but I clicked on the blackra1n icon reinstalled blacksn0w and wham back came my wifi...dont ask me why...so I think some of you might try to redo blacksnow by any method.....glta
    Please let us know after a couple of days if you still have no problems ...
    Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nagyg View Post
    Please let us know after a couple of days if you still have no problems ...
    Thanks!
    still good so far and I think Im good to go..I can tell the difference...before I would get MY network and it would take a while to set..then I would get my wifi logo..then as soon as I tried a app or site it would revert to 3G..now I realize that my wifi was NOT locking on(hence the always spinning pinwheel)..so every since I re-installed( I never did uninstall) blacksn0w I have wifi back to normal and man does IT feel good.....btw...once you go to wifi and choose your network then click the blue right arrow..all your fields should be filled in.....mine before was just doing the first 2 :ip address and subnet...now after redoing blacksn0w all my fields are filled it...and I have perfect wifi....GLTA

My wifi problem actually came around after installing bossprefs from cydia. has anybody else had that problem? and does anybody know of a way to fix this so i can use bossprefs?

EDIT: never mind its not just bossprefs. if i install anything off cydia is screws up my wifi.... even if i do the essential updates that cydia always has you do when you first install it.
    Last edited by Kluak; 11-30-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast