+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 6.02 with 5.11.07 help!!!!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Current 3Gs' are shipping with jailbreak resistant firmware changes. Currently (as in, right now), the only solution to jailbreaking these phones is a tethered jailbreak, which blows the donkey nuts.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Current 3Gs' are shipping with jailbreak resistant firmware changes. Currently (as in, right now), the only solution to jailbreaking these phones is a tethered jailbreak, which blows the donkey nuts. The Dev-Team is (most likely) trying to resolve these current issues since they are 100% unavoidable for the future of the "jailbreak train", where an unlock for 05.11.07 could be possible avoided as long as people are riding the "jailbreak train".

If they're actually working on something or not? Who knows. MuscleNerd hints at it now and again (regarding the current baseband unlock), but he's definitely talking about the new jailbreak problems, and seems to be actively working on solving that problem. I don't follow any of the other devs on Twitter, so I don't know what they're abuzz with.

Thanks

The Dev Team only work on unlocking every other BB but are continually looking for bootrom exploits which would unlock all BBs.
    Neither Geo nor Chronic have given me any indications that they are, or intend, looking for an unlock for 05.11.07 and I have seen no signs of anyone else being capable of attempting such a thing.

Everyone expected 24kpwn to be blocked a long time ago so I'm sure they will have been looking for a replacement - but I'm not sure it's that easy to find one.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Right, which is why I sold my phone running 3.1 and am currently seeking alternative...ways of obtaining a 3g/s.

Oh eBay, why are you so expensive.

Thanks

^More demand(unlocked) and less supply

I guess the old 3gs which came out previously with 4.26 Baseband are so precious to everyone now, chances of the iphone prices hitting an all time high in open market (e-bay etc) are more likely now especially looking at the bleak chances of obtaining an unlock for the latest baseband atleast for the coming 3 months
    Last edited by ravelsnip; 10-16-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The best option is to find a friend with ATT and sell it to them cheap (or break their current iPhone and sell it to them expensive). Then buy another one, but make sure it's BB allows for unlock. iPhones (regardless of BB) still have great resale value, so you might be out $50 after you pick up the used 3G, but you get a working iPhone. Then, after the newer BBs are unlocked, upgrade to 3GS or whatever you need to have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default @ Ice0004
    @ Ice0004

__________________________________________________ _________
    @ Confucious...

Thats not true at all.
    Quote:
    We’ll continue to work on a carrier unlock for the latest basebands, but the timeframe for such an unlock is unknowable.)

That was straight from the dev teams blog. I'm sure they are working on it. Slowly but surely, something will come... if nots with this baseband, then with the next. I say 2 months, we'll have an unlock soon...
    __________________________________________________ _________

where on the blog is this post? do you have a link? please link your sources so we dont think you are randomly posting things on the forums :P

Thanks

Dev-Team Blog

5 paragraphs down.

Thanks

^^ lol, that was kind of humorous

Thanks

I do know what the blog says.
    I also know what it means.
    Which is why I do not expect an unlock any time soon.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default uhlock iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobel View Post
    There's currently nothing you can do to unlock the phone to be used with any network other than AT&T. There's currently no estimated date when you will be able to unlock the phone and no currently announced projects that are said to be working on an unlock.

tl;dr: you're extremely ******. sell the phone. buy a new one.
    This is actually incorrect. If the phone is not under contract legally any longer. You can contact at&t and they can permanently unlock the iphone for free. I did it before selling an iPhone 4 that was not under contract any longer. they ask you a couple of questions and verify the iPhone has not been reported stolen then they send you a link to click on that permanently puts a factory unlock directly onto the device.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12