Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to activate iPhone 3G after reset???

Default How to activate iPhone 3G after reset???
    Hello everyone, the phone is locked after reset and I don't have the original at/t SIM card and I cannot activate it trough iTunes.
    I don't know which FW it has or what so ever!
    what should I do with it?
    Thank you!

Where did this phone come from?
    Is it yours?
    Which was the last firmware you had running on it?
    How did you restore it?

To be safe, I would do the following

1) download the 3.0 firmware
    2) use pwnage tool to build a custom firmware that includes the activation tick
    3) enter DFU mode and restore using iTunes to your custom firmware
    4) that's it.

Alternatively, a pre-paid ATT sim goes a long way :P

I got it from a friend. it was jailbroken he said. but the phone was running on 3.1 when I got it. I dont think he knew his itunes autoupdated the phone otherwise he wouldn't tell me it was still jailbroken and unlocked. The phone is from Rogers/Canada. It has the latest baseband. It was already activated when I got it but locked because of the update and I have different provider sim card. after I did the restore, I couldn't activate it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nachobel View Post
    Is it yours?
    How did you restore it?

4) that's it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animex View Post
    I got it from a friend. it was jailbroken he said. but the phone was running on 3.1 when I got it. I dont think he knew his itunes autoupdated the phone otherwise he wouldn't tell me it was still jailbroken and unlocked. The phone is from Rogers/Canada. It has the latest baseband. It was already activated when I got it but locked because of the update and I have different provider sim card. after I did the restore, I couldn't activate it anymore.
    If your iPhone was updated to 3.1 through iTunes, then you’re stuck until either the Dev_Team or GeoHot releases a true jailbreak for 3.1 or 3.1.2. The latest baseband (modem firmware) 5.11.07 cannot be jailbroken at this moment. The status of that could change later today as Geohot has posted that he has successfully jailbroken firmware 3.1 and the JB exploit is still present in the firmware 3.1.2, which Apple released yesterday. Everyone is waiting for Geohot to release his jailbreak solution called "Blackra1n", so don't lose hope.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well Geohot kind of confirmed that blackra1n doesn't unlock, meaning I am still in deep Sh*t as well. Since I bought my phone from a friend who in turn bought it from Elecom Japan, and... I live in Vietnam. Nice seat I have gotten myself into, don't you agree . Btw. Source.

(Geohot's Twitter)
    @Jmnorton82 jailbreak wise i think you can update(but wait, i'll confirm 100%). but same rules apply to the unlock. NO UNLOCK if you upgradeabout 13 hours ago from web in reply to Jmnorton82

Quote Originally Posted by nachobel View Post
    Is it yours?
    How did you restore it?

4) that's it.

It's from NYC and the day I got it my younger brother reseted it without knowing what he is doing so I'm stuck with it cause iTunes says to insert the ATT card !Can I turn it on without a ATT card or should I buy one ???

hi guys,
    i m new at this forum and i joined this forum due to same problem, i got 3g 16gb iphone jail broke from USA(AT&T). it was working ok just suddenly during talk other person couldnt hear me so i gave to one of friend who knows about iphone. he updated he said to 3.1 through itunes and after it losed signals so he restore to factory default which i think he did worst now i have problem insert valid simcard. to unlock and i cant go forward to do something. any help plz what to do . by the way i m living in Greek Cyprus.
    plz help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khazak View Post
    Well Geohot kind of confirmed that blackra1n doesn't unlock, meaning I am still in deep Sh*t as well. Since I bought my phone from a friend who in turn bought it from Elecom Japan, and... I live in Vietnam. Nice seat I have gotten myself into, don't you agree . Btw. Source.
    You are correct, Blackra1n is only a JB solution for 3.1, not an unlock solution.

While jailbreaking version 3.1 and 3.1.2 is top priority for Dev_team and GeoHot, at some point someone will figure out an unlock solution.

Anybody buying a new iPhone 3G or 3GS will find that they will comes with either 3.1 or 3.1.2 with BB 05.11.07, which is unlockable for now. Dev_team will probably release a new version of PwnageTool for jailbreaking 3.1.2 without updating the baseband from 04.26.08, but that won't help you.

Hopefully, after this, all groups will work on unlocking BB 05.11.07.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

question, can geohot tool bypass the 3gs activation screen?

Quote Originally Posted by animex View Post
    question, can geohot tool bypass the 3gs activation screen?
    No

When will there be a hacktivation?

I need it!