+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g error 1600 solved !!!!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
SO HERE IT IS GUYS! YOU MIGHT DO THESE STEPS DIFFERENTLY AM NOT INTERESTED IN SIMPLER WAYS AS I ALREADY FIXED MY IPHONE keep those for yourself, i will try
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 2g error 1600 solved !!!!
    SO HERE IT IS GUYS!
    YOU MIGHT DO THESE STEPS DIFFERENTLY AM NOT INTERESTED IN SIMPLER WAYS AS I ALREADY FIXED MY IPHONE keep those for yourself, i will try to give as good help as i could to those needed.

Everyone will experience different results!

I SURFED AND SURFED AND SURFED THE WEB TO FIND SOLUTION TO ERROR 1600 WHEN RESTORING WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARE FROM PWNAGE 3.1.

THOSE WHO SAY IF YOU CAN'T RESTORE YOUR NOT IN DFU MODE. YOU ARE WRONG IT DON'T TAKE SKILLS TO GET IT TO DFU MODE. PROBLEM IS WITH FILES AND APPLE DEFAULT IPSW'S.

HERE IT WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. 2 MINS

I CREATED CUSTOM IPSW with PWNAGE 3.1 at my friends house and sent it to my laptop which is running VISTA sincei dont own any mac's.
    After spending almost whole day trying to fix it this is what I DID AND it worked.

YOU'RE GOING TO NEED 3 COPIES OF YOUR CUSTOM FIRMWARE AS YOU WILL BE USING IT WITH DIFFERENT FOLDER!!!

iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore 2 file's named like this!!!
    x12220000_5_Recovery 1 file named like this!!!

FOR VISTA USERS!
    Vista : C:/*UsersName*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunesDevice Support/

1. WHEN YOU GET TO THOSE APPLE FOLDERS, FIRST FOLDER CONTAINS FILE THAT BEGINS WITH x12220000_5_Recovery. DO NOT DELETE IT, COPY AND PASTE THAT FILE on your desktop and DELETE THAT FILE FROM FROM APPLE FOLDER.

2.WITH YOUR CUSTOM FIRMWARE CREATED BY PWNAGE 3.1 MAKE COPY OF THAT CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND COPY AND PASTE IT INTO THE FIRST FOLDER WHERE YOU REPLACED THE x12220000_5_Recovery AND RENAME IT x12220000_5_Recovery just like that !!!

3. Now go the the APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE FOLDER i think it's 3rd or 4th folder in the row, and GO IN THERE AND DELETE ANY APPLE DEFAULT FIRMWARES IPSW'S OR MAKE ANOTHER FOLDER AND COPY THEM IN THERE FOR LATER USE, THAN DELETE IT FROM APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

WITH YOUR CUSTOM FIRMWARE COPY AND PASTE IT INTO APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE RENAMED LIKE THIS iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore the file your copying into SOFTWARE UPDATE FOLDER SHOULD BE custom made with PWNAGE 3.1! WHEN YOU MAKE CUSTOM IPSW it says _CUSTOM_RESTORE.

SO IN TOTAL YOU REPLACED TWO APPLE DEFAULT IPSW'S WITH WITH YOUR CUSTOM IPSW BUT NAMING THEM DIFFERENTLY IN THE 2 FOLDERS. FIRST FOLDER AND 3RD OR 4TH ONE OF THOSE!

OPEN ITUNES, MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS IN DFU MODE, HOLD SHIFT NAVIGATE TO YOUR CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND CLICK RESTORE!

good luck !!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delusion950 For This Useful Post:

pakiguy (10-20-2009), suad618 (10-28-2009)

Thanks

I tried that --but didn't work--already updated to 3.1 wouldn't restore--tried it twice--still locked

Thanks

ur doing something wrong, ive spent hours trying different medthods and replacing default IPSW from apple with custom made firmware from PWNAGE 3.1 for mac helped.

I restored the phone with regular itunes 9.0 because 8.2 did not work.

i than restored it with the IPSW from i clarified.

Than i shut the phone off, put it into DFU mode, by holding 10 second power and home while phone being off and relasing power but holding home for exactly 10 more seconds. than i run itunes and restored the phone with custom ISPW from 3.1 it worked perfect.
    i also have unlocked att sim card that activates phone when itunes restores it.

my suggestion: is making sure all default ipsw's are not in folders and deleted and replaced with custom built ipsw for 3.1.

keep switching around it's work your missing out on something find your mistake.

make sure when you delete apple ipsw to replace is with custom but name it the same, you can always do that my copying and pasting from apple default to custom.
    Last edited by delusion950; 09-28-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!! you saved my life... I was like 5 hourse triyng to fix this!!

Thanks

did you have your iphone updated to 3.1 before you did all the custom restore.

Thanks

yes i did i had phone running 3.1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delusion950 For This Useful Post:

jennifer0817 (10-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I followed the instructions and it worked (thanks) however I'm pretty sure the last time that I used PWNAGE cydia and installer were also added to my phone. This time nothing appears does anyone know how i fix this?
    Last edited by jennifer0817; 10-20-2009 at 03:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

delusion950 you are a god
    i was getting error 1600 or 1601 and looked everywhere to make my damn 2g phone work with 3.1.2 and only the apple update worked but custom one never worked amd gave me error 1600 or 1601.
    then i did it your way and i got a white screen seening it update i was like woohoo worked.
    all custom update works doing it your way
    tested on xp and I love u man thank u for your help

btw i had a 2g 3.0.0 updated to apple 3.1.2 and couldnt activate it . so i went online downloaded a already made file and wouldnt work till i did it delusion950 way and woohoo

jennifer0817 u maybe forgot to add the cydia into your custom file. and noone use installer anymore it out dated and it wack. i think it now icy or cydia for the new updated iphones software
    Last edited by pakiguy; 10-20-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The solution that worked for me was this I found.

"Copy the firmware file that pwnage needs from the itunes folder in the library and place it in the same folder where the pwnage application is."

So basically, copy the custom firmware file to your Library/Itunes/Device-Support/-folder if you are using a Mac. And also copy it to the folder where your PwnageTool is located (dont know if this has anything to do with it).

Then DFU, Option-Restore your new custom firmware from the folder where your PwnageTool is installed.

Worked like a charm. Been stuck at error 1600 for 2 days now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostss For This Useful Post:

azafran (10-26-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Restoring As we speak.. Finally..
    (Iphone 3g Firmware 3.1.2 (my brother updated to original Apple firmware)

Thanks for this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've tried this multiple times and still get the 1600 error. My problem is that my friend accidently updated her iphone 2G to 3.1.2 and has lost her jb and unlock. i've followed the steps in the first post and keep getting the 1600 error.

In addition to that, my custom firmware (which I renamed correctly) keeps getting automatically removed from the iPhone Software Updates folder.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Update - I also tried to do the same thing, but with 3.1.2 custom firmware and still the same error.
    Last edited by eyecrispy; 10-26-2009 at 03:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone was on 2.2.1 firmware with like a 2.someting baseband and then I tried to restore using custom firmware on DFU but nothing works. I can't even DFU restore back to 2.2.1. I keep getting the 1600 error. Should I factory update to 3.1.2? What should I do? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    delusion you are a genius this worked great and it restored my phone right away from 3.1 to the unlocked fm 3.1.2
    and i give you props for creating this process

Thanks

finalcross--ya can do a factory restore to 3.01-- you can get that here--- then do the custom restore, all should be good then. Big thing is be patient, it does take some time to restore, but it does work!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mb23 For This Useful Post:

finalcross (10-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you so much mb23, I thanked you. I finally upgraded to 3.0.1 I just noticed that this thread is for the 2g. Do you know if this method will work for the 3g or 3gs because I think the folders are named a little differently. Thanks

Thanks

Your right ---ya just need to get the right custom folder--will work just fine for you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mb23 For This Useful Post:

finalcross (10-28-2009)

Thanks

thanks a million spent about 10 hrs looking for a fix and this was quick and painless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore Error 1600
    I have both a 3G and a 3GS iPhones that I am trying to custom restore, and keep getting Error 1600.

I plug in the phone to the USB cable, turn iPhone off, enter DFU mode (dark screen), start iTunes
    which confirms detection of iPhone in recovery mode, then option click restore on Custom ipsw file, then messages appear "Extracting Software", "Preparing iPhone for Restore", and almost inmediately "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (1600).

I have searched and read very many articles on iPhone Restore Error 1600 and get the impression a LOT of people get this error and quite a few report that they finally succeeded with one or several of the indications below, yet I keep getting Error 1600 always.

I have tried the following:

- erasing an reinstalling iTunes 9, 9.0.1 and 9.2
    - in 3 different Macs (laptop and desktop) with Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard
    - in 2 different PC´s with Windows XP and Windows 7
    - Rebuilding the ipsw files from new Apple files with PwnageTool 3.1.5 and 4.0.1
    - Using restore and DFU mode
    - Switching different USB cables and USB ports in the computer
    - Removing all USB accessories except keyboard & Mouse
    - Renaming custom ipsw´s to standard naming conventions.
    - Placing ipsw in User/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
    - Using iREB in Windows does not work
    - Removing all content from iPhones (music, photos, apps, etc.)

Is it possible that Apple is somehow sensing these are jailbroken iPhones and has
    programmed iTunes to reject them.

I am running out of ideas and most articles on Error 1600 seem outdated.

Can some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the ModMyi community please help?

MacVerch
    Last edited by MacVerch; 06-24-2010 at 11:24 PM.