Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G w/new sim. Activating, unlocking, jail breaking (what to do first)

Default 2G w/new sim. Activating, unlocking, jail breaking (what to do first)
    Hello,
    I have a 2G iphone that I used for almost 2 years. It is not currently activated because I recently upgraded to the 3GS.
    I'm running Mac OSX, the 2G phone currently has:
    Version: 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem Firmware: 04.05.04_G

I just added a basic phone for my son using the add a line to my family plan.
    I want to use the new sim card for my son in my old 2G phone without activating a data plan.
    I'd like him to have full phone & texting functions and wifi ability without Edge.
    From all the searching and reading, it looks like this is possible but I'm confused as what to do first.
    I tried inserting the new sim into the iphone but it tells me to sync with iTunes.
    Is this possible and how do I make it happen?
    Thanks.

If you have AT&T then it is only a matter of time before they find the IMEI number of the phone and add a data plan to it.

Regardless, if you want to jailbreak and unlock it just download redsn0w 0.8. It can do both as long as you download the bootloaders for it.
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - redsn0w Mac 0.8
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - BL 3.9 File
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - BL 4.6 File

And follow this guide if you get lost:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4304
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's true... they always find out -.- Best to just stick with getting the required iPhone plan or getting a different carrier.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tmobile is cheap