Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can I do this with an unlocked phone?

Default can I do this with an unlocked phone?
    I currently have an 3.0 3g jailbroken phone. I was thinking of restoring, jailbreaking again with redsn0w ( is that needed?) unlock with ultrasn0w. I was thinking of then giving this unlocked phone to my brother.
    Will he have any issues going to another provider? what are some things to think about?
    Am I going about this correctly?

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

your brother wouldn't have problem if he's going to another provider because it is already unlocked and why would you restore and JB/unlock it again?...you just have to go to reset and choose erase all content and settings and the phone will be good as new without even restoring it

Not sure if I fully understand that. Could you explain in better detail please?
    since my phone is already jailbroken are you saying I could just go into cydia and download ultrasn0w and unlock? I am not sure what you mean about reset.

thanks

I dont reccomend doing that at all! I have had to restore my Ipod a couple of times lately and the one time I trie doing it from the actual device it bricked. and besides it is much faster if you do it from the computer anyway.

what is the recommended way?

Just go to itunes and hit restore and it will put ur iphone back to factory settings

Then do redsn0w and then ultrasn0w?

Quote Originally Posted by balistikb View Post
    Then do redsn0w and then ultrasn0w?
    well the phone needs to be jailbroken first to be able to unlock it sooo....

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

just go to your Settings option in your PHONE!, and look for reset button, its usually under your general settings, and hit erase all data and settings...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do it with the computer it's safer