Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purplesn0w

47 29.38%
  • Ultrasn0w

113 70.63%
+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Unlock Debate - Ultrasn0w vs. Purplesn0w

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Haha. It was just tripping me out. No matter how many times I checked the thread it always ended on the same post!
    Thanks

Haha. It was just tripping me out.
    No matter how many times I checked the thread it always ended on the same post!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I am just saying that I hear a lot more problems coming from ultrasn0w than from purplesn0w.
    I think to be fair, seeing as Dev Team's unlocking solution has been around much longer and more widely used, and also targets multiple generations/models of the iphone, of course you will be seeing more reports and issues. Geoshot's solutions only work for the 3GS and last I checked haven't been updated for 3.0.1 (albiet, I haven't checked in a couple days.)
    Last edited by szr; 08-12-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks

Purplesn0w doesn't need to be updated to work with 3.0.1 - it's purplera1n that does and PS can't work without PR.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Geohot himself answered this thread, which one is better? The one that doesn't just disapear for months on end, and just reappear as soon as apple drops a new phone. The dev team are real people, trying to help other real people. Geohot just wanted to unlock the 3gs for personal use, and just to see if he could do it, which he could. But then 2 weeks later he's to tired, and doesn't want to code a little bit more to get 3.0.1 working? While the dev team within minutes were trying to get all of their users onto 3.0.1.
    Time is always the ultimate test, and as always history repeats itself, the dev team ftw.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

geminiboi (08-18-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ lmao I don't know about that. The dev team didn't want to code either. They just told everyone to point the tool at the old firmware. They should have done an update to their tool.

Geohot is one man and the dev team is a dozen or more people. I expect more from a team of hackers than just one guy. =P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^ lmao I don't know about that. The dev team didn't want to code either. They just told everyone to point the tool at the old firmware. They should have done an update to their tool.

Geohot is one man and the dev team is a dozen or more people. I expect more from a team of hackers than just one guy. =P
    Respects to both really, I can't talk smack lol. Respect for geohot, for just taking on the entire army of apple, single handedly. But the dev team is just a stronger force. The tools worked perfectly fine, i'm sure if they didn't they would have figured it out and released a tool.

What if the dev team just said, screw it purplesn0w is good enough, we don't need to update redsn0w... Or if windows said screw it osx is just better, we don't need to update vista... It creates a world without competition, without competition, developers can't push themselves further. The world was better when there was two unlock methods, basically is what i'm saying lol.

Just another ramble..
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

szr
    Thanks

^ lmao I don't know about that. The dev team didn't want to code either. They just told everyone to point the tool at the old firmware.
    There was no need to recode redsn0w. 3.0.1 is a very minor update, and almost identical to 3.0, save for a few updated things (mainly SMS, to fix the exploit), but, from Dev Team's blog, nothing that redsn0w uses in the 3.0 FW to jail break has changed in 3.0.1.

Also stated in their blog, the only reason the 3.0.1IPSW can't be used is that it's not recognized as a valid firmware.

So I agree with them that theres little sense to rush an update just to merely recognize the 3.0.1 IPSW, when the 3.0 one works jsut fine.

It's a forgone conclusion that they will update that sooner or later, but right now, if it works, it works, that's what really matters.
    Last edited by szr; 08-28-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Is there anyway to unsubscribe from the poll but not from the replies.
    It's starting to get annoying.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234