Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "couldn't locate the bytes to patch" SOLUTION

Default "couldn't locate the bytes to patch" SOLUTION
    If you get the "couldn't locate the bytes to patch" error and you activated with a different cingular/att sim, you need to do the following steps:

1. Upload the following to a directory (Click create folder and name it unlock, put em in there):
    bbupdater
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls

2. SSH to the iphone (I need to install openSSH using ibrickr 0.8 and used putty as my ssh client) and yes you need wi-fi working.

3. From SSH prompt type the following:
    cd /unlock
    chmod +x bbupdater
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
    launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    4. Exit putty
    5. Run anySIM from the springboard
    6. Run PCACAY Activate.bat (if I didn't do this itunes reported an invalid IMEI
    7. Reboot phone
    8. Optional: run iBrickr and remove openSSH and/or anySIM.

credits to misra from hackintosh
    Last edited by timoxa; 09-25-2007 at 10:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timoxa For This Useful Post:

alucardunit1 (09-26-2007)

Default you are a god sent
    This work. Thank you so much!!

Default byte patch problem
    i am getting an unknown command error in putty after the unload line

Worked for me too!

please tell me how to connect ssh.
    i can't connect.
    Help me.

6. Run PCACAY Activate.bat (if I didn't do this itunes reported an invalid IMEI

what is this?? is it an application in iphone or something on the PC

help please

u can even do that, without the wifi , just install on your iphone the terminal application (ssh) and type the instructions above

I have my connection with putty but when I wanan start typing the
    "cd /unlock" command, the putty closes after I hit the spacebar

so basicly the question is how do I input data in the putty thingy after having logged in as root and pasw dottie

thx in advance for your help

(that sounds like a problem in your emulation)

i did it trough the terminal inside the iphone (no wi-fi) nedded
    just install via ibrick the terminal on you iphone and you executed the lines from the terminal in your iphone.

OK allready thx greatly but I get
    -sh-3.2#
    in the terminal thingy(and have to type something after that command)
    but still after every 3 buttons clicked it shuts down by itself

anyone knows what the problem is??

Upload the following to a directory (I used /unlock):
    bbupdater
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls

My question is where do you upload to on the iphone or on your pc desktop? If iphone, which folder? Thanks.

Oh do you mean create a folder on your iphone called /unlock? Do you create it on the top level directory of iphone?

Ok, I created a folder on iPhone and uploaded those 3 files. I type the commands in MobileTerminal cuz putty just wasn't connecting. When I type "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" I get something like could not process. But I continued along. The other command works fine until I get to "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" and it says "nothing found to load."

How can I fix this?
    Last edited by extradoidoi; 09-25-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cant find ICE03.14.08_G.eep can someone please help me out?

extradoidoi, when you click FILES in iBrickr, click createfolder and name it UNLOCK and put files in it!

You can get putty thru iBrickr, go to applications, find OpenSSH and click on it, it will install it to your phone, then open Putty and it will ask you for a IP address, go to your phone Settings>General>Wi-Fi>click on arrow next to your WiFi name, put that address into putty, then click OPEN (in putty) black screen will pop up, username: root , password:dottie, then type in the commands listed above
    Last edited by timoxa; 09-25-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

timoxa, I typed in those commands and I get the following errors:

1) When I type "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
    I get something like "could not process".

2) When I type "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
    I get "nothing found to load."

Do you know how I can fix this?

try this:
    start up iBrickr, go to aplications, then browse applications, and choose Installer, not Greg's installer, then on your phone make sure your wi-fi is one and your auo-lock set to NEVER, then start up Installer, and from the list install this files in this order:
    Community Sources
    BSD Subsystem (might take some minutes)
    OpenSSH

then run putty and try again commands, if that doesnt work then start from beggining by restoring your phone and etc....

It doesn't work. Everytime I type those two launchctl commands, it would say no process for the first command and nothing found to load for the second launch command. Now my phone doesn't even recognize my sim card. Oh no...... I need serious help here.

And my sim card works on my sis's iphone.
    Last edited by extradoidoi; 09-26-2007 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dont freak out, its just software issues, just start from beggining by restoring your phone

where do we find the folowing files:?
    bbupdater
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls

Hey Guys.. Have You Guys Try'd Uninstalling The Anysim After You Use To Unlocked The Iphone???

What Will Be The Problem On This?? Any Suggestion

Nilghai i have the same problem as you.

putty and terminal close down after I have wrote 2 words.

maaaan, this problem makes me so pissed of, no one seems to have this problem but you and I, can't find any answers either, have you?
    Last edited by Jensaberglund; 09-27-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast