Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using 2.2 3g Iphone abroad (Portugal, Spain, Australia, South America)

Default Using 2.2 3g Iphone abroad (Portugal, Spain, Australia, South America)
    Hey guys. I'm planning a round the world trip and would like to use my iphone. I'll be going to Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Thailand, Mexico, and 3-5 other countries in Central/South America.

I have 2.2 and upgraded the baseband (I remember them saying this would possibly prevent unlocking in the future permanently)

From what I know I just unlock it using yell0snow, pick up pre-paid sim-cards wherever I go, turn off the mobile DATA thing so I don't get charged absurd amounts for data, and that's it?

Lastly, to use the iphone charger abroad do I simply need an adapter or do I need a converter?

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

im assuming you've already began your trip. I am about to leave for mine. I was curious what answers you found out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

old old thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats on a completely useless post. That must be how you got your post count up so high. Obviously it's an old thread which is why I figured he had some answers by now.

Thanks for playing though . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure where your sad attitude is coming from, but you're the one who revived the thread. I mentioned that it's an old thread cuz some people don't realize it thru a google search. If you've bothered to check my profile, 95% of my posts are helpful to the community. I don't get hundreds of "thanks" count just for posting "useless posts".

But nice try