+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gevey3g plus2 vs. yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken/unlocked iphone on the 2.28 baseband and i have a gevey-3g plus2 turbo sim. The turbo sim works great until i am out of service too long
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

Default gevey3g plus2 vs. yellowsn0w
    I have a jailbroken/unlocked iphone on the 2.28 baseband and i have a gevey-3g plus2 turbo sim. The turbo sim works great until i am out of service too long then it says after No Service is displayed for a while that there is "No Sim" and i am forced to reboot and I read that this turbo sim is supposed to not do that, and i was wondering if it is because i am on the 2.28 and not the 2.30 which the turbo sim is made for? Also i tried using yellowsnow without the turbo sim since i am on the 2.28 but i couldnt seem to get the internet/edge to work and i was wondering if i could get yellowsnow with internet/edge to work thats what i would like to do so i dont have to reboot my phone everytime im out of service or also wondering if i upgraded to the 2.30 baseband if it would fix my problem and if upgrading is the case how do i upgrade to 2.30 without locking my phone? thanks for the help in advnace!

update: when yellowsn0w is installed edge icon is shown but there is no where in the network settings to add/edit the apn for internet and when loading the internet or cydia it says "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service" but with the gevey3g-Plus2 installed cydia/internet works fine after i turn data roaming on and i add the tmobile apn in.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since you have 2.28, stick to yellowsn0w.

If you can't edit your APN, jump into Cydia and install the "APN Editing" package or use the APN Changer here: APN Changer

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

I did that and edge iconshowed up but it gave me a different error message when loading cydia or safari

update: I just think i figured it out...in big boss prefs i loaded a yellowsn0w toggle and it was set to off and when i set it to on all the internet options started to work so thanks guys!
    Last edited by Ticko; 04-26-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost