Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone. Cannot use Iphone

Default Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone. Cannot use Iphone
    Ok I live in Australia and my Iphone was working the other day. The sim was locked, so i couldn't use the phone to call anyone but I could install apps use the internet, do everyting exept call people.

The other day I updadted to v2.2 and after it finished it said Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone. I could not use the phone at all. The sim that is in the Iphone is a telstra sim and I cannot use the phone at all. I tried restoring it back to v2.1 but it still asks for sim pin.

How do I get it back to the way it was so the sim is locked but I can still use it to do everything else. I do not want to unlock the sim to call people I just want to be able to use it for everything else.

Please Help,
    Gathanderoth
    Last edited by gathanderoth; 04-01-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

try to jailbrake or go and connect the iphone to itunes and activate the cell.
    try to search for what is jailbrake around here in the forums..

Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
    try to search for what is jailbrake around here in the forums..
    Yes that is what I have been doing for the last two days, searching google for jailbreak and I tried to jailbreak it with no luck but I continued to try and eventually I go it to work so now I can use the Iphone again.

before I did the jailbreak It said i had to put in a pin and I tried 3 times. I didnt know the pin so I guessed, I shouldn't have done that but anyways then it said to put in a puk. Now that I have it working again every time I turn it on it says puk locked your sim cannot be accessed. please call your carrier to obtain your puk code.

Before I screwed up when ever I turned it on it never came up with puk locked message. do you know how to remove this message. It doesnt really matter because I can use it now but I would like to remove that message so it doesnt keep appearing everytime i turn it on

Thanks
    Last edited by gathanderoth; 04-01-2009 at 09:59 PM.

hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. IS there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? please help.

-jack

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gathanderoth View Post
    Yes that is what I have been doing for the last two days, searching google for jailbreak and I tried to jailbreak it with no luck but I continued to try and eventually I go it to work so now I can use the Iphone again.

before I did the jailbreak It said i had to put in a pin and I tried 3 times. I didnt know the pin so I guessed, I shouldn't have done that but anyways then it said to put in a puk. Now that I have it working again every time I turn it on it says puk locked your sim cannot be accessed. please call your carrier to obtain your puk code.

Before I screwed up when ever I turned it on it never came up with puk locked message. do you know how to remove this message. It doesnt really matter because I can use it now but I would like to remove that message so it doesnt keep appearing everytime i turn it on

Thanks
    You need to do what the phone says, and call your carrier company. I'm not 100% sure how that puk code thing works, but I know I did the exact same thing you did on an older samsung phone. Completely locked myself out, in fact I guessed a few times on the puk code, had to replace my sim card....

Quote Originally Posted by jack119 View Post
    hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. IS there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? please help.

-jack

thanks
    If your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 12-03-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

friedbeef (12-28-2009), jack119 (12-04-2009)

Alright thanks for your help. I have jailbroken my phone now, but i am trying to get my gophone sim to work in my iphone. I inserted it but it is not working yet. Im trying to find a way to unlock my iphone i hear blacksnow will unlock an iphne, but i cant find a site that allows me to downlaod it. My friend downlaoded blackra1n and his came with blacksnow, but mine didnt. If you could help me find a way to get blacksnow so i can unlock my iphone or another program that unlocks iphones that would be very helpfull and i will gladly give you a thanks.
    -thanks
    -jack

Default please help
    Found out home add blackra1n.com to Cydia and the search and download to your phone ! I used wifi signal
    Last edited by ajduenas1; 12-04-2009 at 09:22 PM.

hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. Is there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? Please help.
    if your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    works perfectly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jack119 View Post

-jack

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post

If your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    Quote Originally Posted by friedbeef View Post
    works perfectly!!!
    wat about 3.1.3 ??
    can anything be done to bypass the "insert valid sim" screen...

i update my iphone to 4.2.1 and my sim is blocked what to do? the following error came on itunes "Only Compatible sim card from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement card"
    and in i phone seems a itunes's logo and usb's logo shown in it.

i update my iphone to 4.2.1 and my sim is blocked what to do? the following error came on itunes "Only Compatible sim card from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement card"
    and in i phone seems a itunes's logo and usb's logo shown in it.

same here