Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 2G iphone without SIM and Activation

Default Unlocking 2G iphone without SIM and Activation
    I got a iPhone 2G that is locked to AT&T and I would like to unlock and jailbreak it for TMobile. The thing is, the phone is sitting on the emergency/activation screen and I can't tell what version of firmware it is running.

How do I proceed to unlock and jailbreak this?? I THINK that it is running a version of firmware that is < 2.0.

Also, I do not have a SIM card to use with iTunes to update the firmware.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I think !...No matter which version it is
    Just follow this Tutorial
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    also use your T-mobile Sim card or any else !,,,,
    Last edited by Mchpour; 12-02-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mchpour View Post
    I think !...No matter which version it is
    Just follow this Tutorial
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    also use your T-mobile Sim card or any else !,,,,
    Nope, that doesn't work. Latest version of quickpwn only works for 2.0 and newer. I used Ziphone to unlock it after i figured out the firmware version and then upgraded to 2.2 using itunes and then reunlocked and jailbroke using quickpwn.

I dunno if I have the same problem, but when I try to connect my iPhone 2g with iTunes it says that the iPhone doesn't support the SIM, and my iPhone came with a AT&T SIM and for some reason I'm not sure where I placed it, so it there a way I can unlock it without using the AT&T SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by afa786 View Post
    I dunno if I have the same problem, but when I try to connect my iPhone 2g with iTunes it says that the iPhone doesn't support the SIM, and my iPhone came with a AT&T SIM and for some reason I'm not sure where I placed it, so it there a way I can unlock it without using the AT&T SIM?
    Yes, put the phone into DFU mode with this: How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Update it to 2.2.1 in iTunes, download Quickpwn 2.25-2 from here: Downloads

Follow the tutorial posted above.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

ok I got that part but now I'm having some problem with QuickPwn, when I try to add the new firmware file it keeps saying that it doesn't match with the one I have on my iPhone! why is it happening?

actually never mind lol I figured it out! but thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by afa786; 05-20-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good thing you figured it out.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

afa786 the only thing you can do is try with other firmwares to get the right one, eventually you'll find the right one and all should go smoothly may take a bit of time though, download all the different firmwares from the download section and then try each one in turn. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Nope, that doesn't work. Latest version of quickpwn only works for 2.0 and newer. I used Ziphone to unlock it after i figured out the firmware version and then upgraded to 2.2 using itunes and then reunlocked and jailbroke using quickpwn.
    How did you figure out what the firmware it was? I have the exact same problem you have. If you could, please make a step by step guide to having it unlocked.

Thanks

Once you put the phone in DFU mode it doesn't matter if you got a att sim or any sim at all that is the gateway (DFU) to unlock and upgrade to latest firmware anytime.

Question Some help unlocking my 2nd gen iphone please!!
    Hi,

I need some help from someone smarter than me! I've unlocked my second gen iphone which had firmware 2.2.1 using the video at:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_Eq_5_vPk]YouTube - How to Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone 2G, 2.2.1[/ame]

I downloaded the programs and run through the entire process correctly, however when I place my new sim in the iphone it just goes to the screen before the emergency call screen and states the message:

"Different SIM Detected
    Please connect to iTunes"

When I connect the iphone to itunes it states that:

"The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported

Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iphone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card."

So this message to me would mean that my iphone is not unlocked...BUT in the top left had corner of the iphone when it is turned on it states "Orange" so it must be unlocked otherwise it wouldn't recognise the "Orange" network.

I hope i've made this clear and would really appreciate some advice as to if i've done something wrong or missed something out, or if there is another way to unlock the phone that works.

Your help would be massively appreciated.

Regards

You put your SIM in while restoring and jailbreaking. No need for another SIM

Thanks Ryan206, so what do I do now? Do i need to jailbreak and unlock it again with my SIM inserted?

I'm very confused as to what to do next...

Cheers

Put your SIM In
    iTunes will ***** about it not being an offical carrier SIM, ignore
    Put phone in DFU Mode
    Shift+Click Restore and select a stock 3.0 Firmware File
    Download RedSn0w
    Run Redsn0w, check the option to unlock

Let it do its thing, and you'll have a fully unlocked and working iPhone

Hi there,

I'm desperately looking for some help with a 2g iphone before i chuck it in the bin. I got it from the states and it's a model no. A1203. I have the latest version of iTunes and I have restored the phone.
    The problem is that when I connect the phone to itunes I get the error message Sim card does not seem to be supported etc. I have tried Quickpawn but it doesn't work with the firmware on the phone.
    I Can't get redsnow to work because as the phone is not recognised it won't let me upload the firmware files.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi i'm very new here have been read on some of the post here regarding 2G iPhone jailbreak stuff.. here is what I got hope you all can help me out. I got this 8GB iphone 2G from a fren who just upgraded his to 32G iphone 3GS and I will like to crack it for international GSM use, currently it still attached to AT&T 4.0 as carrier, how should I crack this phone?
    Here is the information what I got from the iphone:
    Version : 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem firmware : 04.05.04_G

1) My question is which sw should I use to crack/jailbreak this? here is what I get so far:
    a) use Ziphone 1st then use quickpwn from
    (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows) is this correct?
    b) Use RedSn0w from here : (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)) or is this correct?

2) Any advantage or disadvantage if use Quikpwn or Redsn0w to unlock the phone?

Many thnaks for your help in advance...

Thanks

DO NOT use ziphone!
    I would definitely say to use redsn0w.
    Quickpwn only works on 2.XX and you are on 3.0 so QP won't work anyways.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Hi angiepangie, thanks for you fast reply, by the way do you know is the redsn0w the only sw to crack this iphone with this version? just to know if there is any alternative in case thing goes wrong, e.g I srew up during cracking.. thanks again.

Thanks

For the 2G there is PwnageTool (Macs only) and Redsn0w, Redsn0w being the better of the two choices.
    In case you screw up you can always restore in iTunes and try again That's the beauty about jailbreaking, the chances of truly, truly screwing up is probably 0.0000000000000000001%, well unless you use Ziphone ;p
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something