Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: why does winpwn just close itself

Default why does winpwn just close itself
    why does winpwn just close itself when its building custom IPSW files? it just closes itself and i don't get to the next step

i get a little farther but now after the congratulations part there comes a error and everything has to close and it leaves the iphones screen white any ideas?
    Last edited by dmangalili; 10-07-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you might be using the wrong Firmware. I had the same issue. I was trying to use the 2g Firmware on my 3g iPhone. after i realized what i was doing, Winpwn worked. hope this helps
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bboysunz For This Useful Post:

dmangalili (10-09-2008)

im basically following the winpwn from wiki follow right to the "t" but it always errors my computer when i get white screen on my iphone im thinking of trying quickpwn... just looks not as user friendly heh... i'll do a little more research before i try quickpwn.. anything helps thanks.. and thanks in advance for anyone else that can help me..

could it be because i used to use the iphone for AT&T and it has the latest updated on it so it won't work to hack? maybe i have to downgrade updates or something? if so how would i do that
    Last edited by dmangalili; 10-08-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost