+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G unlocked

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by prologics MPS3, I work in Moscow. Which Store? lets see how much info he give you... I hate to be a skeptic, but I find it hard
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prologics View Post
    MPS3,

I work in Moscow. Which Store?
    lets see how much info he give you... I hate to be a skeptic, but I find it hard to believe that this one store has the only successful non-apple software unlock in the world and they dont want to share and make some big bucks by branching outside of their little shop in moscow... Im willing to bet we will never be able to verify his story. Good Luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Funny how the thread just stopped after that last question

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

*taps fingers on the desk*.... waiting.... waiting... waiting....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just wanna be able to flash imei to make iphone seem as razr or something for unltd mnet$15 heh

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    You said you did a full restore and it's still unlocked,it doesn't sound right to me because if they unlock with software then when you restore it will be locked it back. either you have a legally unlocked iphone or they open your iphone and modified the hardware inside.
    +1
    thats what i want to say
    its imposible to restore and have it unlocked
    its like the 2g when we used to restore it we MUST UNLOCK it again

he didnt say the store in moscow
    we have here one working in moscow
    no reply watin
    donno if he lie WHY ??!!!!
    Last edited by minawagdi; 10-04-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minawagdi View Post
    +1
    thats what i want to say
    its imposible to restore and have it unlocked
    its like the 2g when we used to restore it we MUST UNLOCK it again

he didnt say the store in moscow
    we have here one working in moscow
    no reply watin
    donno if he lie WHY ??!!!!
    Well I wouldnt say its impossible. My 2G is bootneutered via pwnage tool, and if I update normally through iTunes, it wont be jailbroken but will still remain unlocked...

But due to his disappearance when asked to verify the store, I think this is a big hoax..
    why lie? Attention of course.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default turbosim doesnt work
    just to let you guys know. i ordered a turbosim on ebay. it worked for 1-2 days and then no service. i've tried booting up with a tmobile sim and then with the turbosim. it doesnt work anymore. my iphone 3G 16GB has 2.1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-TAEicRjw]YouTube - Turbosim doesnt work in iPhone 3G 2.1 16GB jailbroken[/ame]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    just to let you guys know. i ordered a turbosim on ebay. it worked for 1-2 days and then no service. i've tried booting up with a tmobile sim and then with the turbosim. it doesnt work anymore. my iphone 3G 16GB has 2.1

YouTube - Turbosim doesnt work in iPhone 3G 2.1 16GB jailbroken
    Your tmobile sim card is locked.. what you need to do is put your tmobile sim card back into an authorized tmobile phone.. let it connect with the tower and gain signal. Make a call or whatever, then you can eject it and place it back into your 3G iPhone with the turbosim... it should work again.... that is until it lock you out again with the NO SIM error. Sometimes it last a couple days, sometimes a couple weeks, some people have reported a couple months but I dunno... as far as I know all sim adapters fail at this, as they can fool the phone for a short while but the phone does constant security checks on the IMEI and the cell tower, once it slips up, it locks the sim card, and the only way to get signal back is in the above method... known to us as CPR. If you choose to continue trying then good luck.
    another thing to keep in mind is that as the baseband is upgraded, the sim adapters may no longer work as the baseband handles the security checks slightly differently in each version, I believe thats why some people have better luck than others. According to the dev team or one of the members/mods on hackintosh, after the 2.2 firmware update, none of the current sim adapters will work. Take that with a grain of salt, but if your using pwnage, then you can upgrade the firmware without upgrading the modem firmware(baseband).
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-04-2008 at 04:58 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

fondoo (10-04-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats a good point. i'll try that next time. sucks that i have to carry two phones just to make my iphone 3g work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

reznor9: you were right! i lost NO SERVICE after a day or two of use. i remove the sim card from the iphone 3g and insert it into a tmobile phone. let me reconnect to the tmobile network. make a test call. eject sim and insert it into iphone. reboot iphone 3g is neccessary and it reconnected.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Well I wouldnt say its impossible. My 2G is bootneutered via pwnage tool, and if I update normally through iTunes, it wont be jailbroken but will still remain unlocked...

But due to his disappearance when asked to verify the store, I think this is a big hoax..
    why lie? Attention of course.
    It only remains unlocked if the baseband version doesn't change. For the 3G the base band has changed 3 times going from 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.0.2 > 2.1 in an attempt to fix the 3G reception issues. This would relock the phone every time you do a restore or update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It only remains unlocked if the baseband version doesn't change. For the 3G the base band has changed 3 times going from 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.0.2 > 2.1 in an attempt to fix the 3G reception issues. This would relock the phone every time you do a restore or update.
    that's true. Totally forgot that the 2G baseband hasn't changed since 2.0. Your absolutly right. So if it's unlocked at 2.1... He can restore 2.1 and it will remain unlocked, but if a new baseband comes out for 2.2, then it will relock itself or he can have it remain unlocked as long as he uses pwnage and refuses the baseband upgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3
    Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    just had mine unlocked by a store in Moscow its software unlock
    so i guess ppl are trying to make money before they give it up for free
    Quote Originally Posted by prologics View Post
    MPS3,

I work in Moscow. Which Store?
    Good question... Still waiting... Hello MPS3?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234