Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MoogleX? TurboSim? Universal Sim?

Default MoogleX? TurboSim? Universal Sim?
    Which one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

All of these SIM adapters for unlocking iPhone 3G. The question is, which one really works?

Has any one been using any of these SIM adapters succesfully on T-Mobile USA for an extended period of time without problems? Does everything work? Phone, SMS, EDGE, Maps, YouTube?

please help me decide!!!

Also, is there any word on how close the dev team may or may not be to a software unlock?

I would also like to know this.. Im US Tmobile too and need a good unlock for the 3G... I hear mixed stories on all these.

Well, here's what I can tell you. I have T-Mobile USA and live in Boston. When I used my TurboSim and T-Mobile SIM card in my 3G iphone, the only thing that happens is that where it shows the network, it scrolls across "invalid SIM". Also, you want to be careful if you attempt this. The SIM card actually got stuck in the phone. It appears that the new SIM card tray was not ment to hold the TuboSim and SIM card. When I tried to pull the tray out, the SIM card popped out and only the TurboSim came out.

I had to use a bent paper clip and fish the SIM card out. It took me almost 45 minutes to get it out.

well upon further invetigation of the MoogleX SIM, I've decided to scratch that one off my list. Apprently with MoogleX you loose connection in about an hour or so, and to get it back you have to pull the SIM out of your iPhone, put it in another unlocked phone and then put it back in the iPhone, which pretty much means you have to carry 2 phones with you at all times. Also, I read that with Moogle you dont get EDGE.

Now, does that mean you get GPRS, just no EDGE? Or do you get no cellular data what so ever? Can any one confirm?

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I've actually bought a Mooglex chip off of eBay...

And so far it works like a charm. It was a ***** getting the chip and the SIM to go in the iPhone slot smoothly, but it works!

For some reason, though, I can't dial a number through the phone application...I can only dial from the contacts list. Maybe that's because I jailbroke it recently. I don't know.

EDGE doesn't work, but maybe i just need to download the t-zones hack from Installer. EDGE should've worked for me though, since I have the $99 unlimited plan from T-Mobile...

If you guys want pics for evidence I'll gladly put em up.

I'm half-expecting this thing to stop working in a few hours, though. I'll keep y'all posted.

universal sim works.. but for how long? Who knows... mine only about a week.. Ive heard reports that others have gone months so far... dunno. But when it does work, everything except 3G is okay.. Im supposed to be getting some virgin sim samples to test.. Ill let you know after I get them

Universal Sim works. I have been using mine for almost 2 months. No problem!

I just got the universal sim but i can't get the Edge to work with the Tzones?? Can anyone help me?

i-smartsim 2008
    was 9$
    and it works for 3 weeks

its better than buying those HK phones
    waiting for dev team so i bought a 4 month supply of them lol

Looking for any advice:

I have an ATT iPhone 3G. I want to use it in Europe - mostly UK when I travel for business - so not permanently, I will keep my ATT SIM and number for when in the states. Anyone have any recommendations on a SIM Unlock and prepaid SIM? Also, do the SIM unlocks actually fail over time and that is why people buy more then one? If so why? Do the electronics burn out?

Also, can I expect full data usage on 3G with this kind of setup? I don't see many prepaids with data listed. Also, can I buy a prepaid when i land in UK, or should I buy it before I leave?

If anyone is doing something similar, I would love to hear.

Thanks,

AD