Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Help Please
02-09-2008, 08:36 AM #1Help Please
i have a 1.1.2 i think unlock iphone. i did this method:
How to update iPhone 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 Unlocked (8 simple steps for Mac & PC)
Notes & Warnings
-I don't know why but almost all the other guides I've seen on the net have you restoring all the way down to 1.0.2. That's unnecessary.
-Though I haven't tried it, the same procedure will also work for 1.0.2 phones. You may need to revirginise first.
-Look here for 1.0.2 revirginizing. http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/viewtopic.php?t=109
-This will not work on OOTB iPhones with the new 4.6 bootloader. (OOTB at the moment are 1.1.2s. Rumour has it that some new 1.1.1s are coming with the new bootloader too.)
-Don't be afraid to try. Even if you missed a step, you'll just have to start over. There's almost no chance of bricking the iPhone.
-Having said that, here are 3 warnings:
- 1. Do this at your own risk.
- 2. For those still on 1.0.2. If your iPhone has been unlocked previously with AnySIM 1.0, it must be virginised first.
- 3. Do not run AnySIM 1.2.1u in 1.1.2.
My starting point was a virginised, activated, jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone. (which most of us have)
You'll also need a WiFi connection for the iPhone.
Software required (Mac)
- iTunes 7.4.2 (I used this) or 7.5 (for iPhone Restore & Update)
- iNdependence 1.2.5 (PC users will need iPhuc or iBrckr instead of iNdependence, they are only used to kick the iPhone out of DFU mode)
- If you're using iTunes 7.5, you'll need iNdependence_v1.3_beta2 & MobileDevice_7_4_2.framework.zip
- FuGu (Mac sftp, scp client for copying files to the iPhone) Download Fugu-1.2.0-English.rar
- WinSCP for Windows
Files Required (All links on rap1dshare.com)
- Apple iPhone Firmware 1.1.1
- Apple iPhone Firmware 1.1.2
- AnySIM 1.2.1u (for unlocking) Download anySIM1.2.1u-independence125
- 1.1.2 Jailbreak Download 1.1.2-jailbreak-UPDATED.zip
- BSDSubsystem, OpenSSH & Oktoprep via Installer
- pntedit Download pntedit_build_3.zip
Steps *Please note distinction between Restore & Update.
1. Restore* to 1.1.2 using iTunes
Put your iPhone into recovery mode. (Hold Power & Home buttons. When screen goes black, release Power only. While still holding Home, plug in the cable.)
This will give us 1.1.2 and baseband 04.02.13_G
2. Restore* down to 1.1.1 using iTunes
Put your iPhone into recovery mode (see above) & connect to computer, option-click Restore
Select the iPhone 1.1.1 ipsw file.
It will end with a 1015 error. That's OK.
Quit itunes and open iNdependence. iNdependence will kick the iPhone out of recovery mode.
PC users, use iBrickr
or iPhuc and issue the following commands:
cmd setenv auto-boot true
This will give us 1.1.1 and retain baseband 04.02.13_G
3. Activate & Jailbreak 1.1.1 using jailbreakme.com
Instructions from http://jailbreakme.com/safari.html
- On the Activation Screen, slide "slide for emergency" to get to the dialer pad.
- Call *#307# & the phone will ring
- Delete *#307#, type in 0 and hit Call again.
- Press Answer, Hold & Decline.
- Go to Contacts and create a new contact. Create 2 urls:
- Select your WiFi network by prefs://1f.
- Press home and call number 0.
- Answer, Hold & Decline.
- Go to the contact again and touch http://jailbreakme.com
- Install AppSnapp
- This will take a while, be patient & wait till the phone rings. Wait again and the phone should reboot by itself.
This will also install Installer for you.
4. Alternate (replaces steps 4 & 5 below) Unlock 1.1.1 using AnySIM 1.2.1u Thanks to mliberatore.
Add this source to installer: http://rep.frenchiphone.com
Install AnySIM 1.2.1u via Installer. It's in FrenchIphone.com
Set Auto-Lock to Never.
Run AnySIM to unlock the iPhone.
Jump to Step 6
4. Install BSDSubsystem & OpenSSH
Use Installer to install the above 2.
5. Unlock 1.1.1 using AnySIM 1.2.1u
Set Auto-Lock to Never.
Use FuGu or WinSCP to copy AnySIM 1.2.1u to /Applications on the iPhone.
Run AnySIM to unlock the iPhone.
6. Install & run Oktoprep on 1.1.1
Use Installer to install Oktoprep and then run it. It's in Tweaks (1.1.1)
7. Update* to 1.1.2 using iTunes
Connect iPhone to iTunes and do an update. (NOT RESTORE)
This will give us 1.1.2 and baseband 04.02.13_G.
Phone will still be unlocked but it's jailed & not activated.
8. Activate & Jailbreak using 1.1.2 Jailbreak (the .JAR file)
PC users will need Java Runtime.
Run the 1.1.2 Jailbreak on your Mac/PC
On completion it'll reboot twice.
This will give us activated, jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.2 with baseband 04.02.13_G. (ie the latest & the greatest)
9. Fix dialer/SMS crash with pntedit for AppSupport
Basically you'll need to patch AppSupport with pntedit with the correct values for your country.
Use Installer.app to install iWorld. It's in Tweaks (1.1.2) It fixes the crashes and uses French rules for callerid matching. (untested by myself)
This will fix the iPhone crashing when you try to dial using the keypad.
Calling from an Address Book entry is OK.
My iphone doesnt work with my international sim. im in the US of A.
i tried downgrading again to try and erase the unlock so i can do the unlock when i have 1.1.2 but when i did it (1.1.2u) it said the phone cannot be unlock. i want to upgrade to 1.1.3 then unlock, whats the best way to go? i have done downgrade and all that i just want to know the right path in doing this
02-09-2008, 09:33 AM #2
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM #3
my iphone is 1.0.2 orginally
02-10-2008, 01:39 AM #4
You need to look for a guide for 'unlocking a 1.1.2 phone that was upgraded in iTunes' and follow that - it's on this forum somewhere.
Once you get to a jailbroken 1.1.2, there is another guide for unlocking a 1.1.2 phone with 3.9 bootloader. Follow this and you will be sweet. You can even go up to 1.1.3 with the soft upgrader from this point.iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned