Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restored to 1.1.3 after using gununlock?

Default restored to 1.1.3 after using gununlock?
    otb 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G) upgraded to 1.1.3 (04.03.13_G ) unlocked with gununlock @ fw 1.1.2 after unlock the base band was downgraded back to 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G) but it was unlocked then i upgraded to 1.1.3 using the dev 1.1.3 upgrade has any one tried to do a restore to 1.1.3 so and then go back to 1.1.2 and upgrade to 1.1.3 to see if the unlock survives the bb change ?????????????

Try it and let me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi there, this is my first post so please be gentle!

Just wanted to say that I did the gunlock on a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that I had been using with the Dev Team soft update + jail break for some time and it worked fine (using Terminal on the Mac, the original blog files and SSH'ing into the the iPhone).

I then tried an experiment and did a full restore for 1.1.3 through iTunes; sadly the unlock did not survive. So, using the guides on here I downgraded to 1.1.1 and re-jailbreaked etc...did the Dev Team soft update...yada...yada...yada til I had a locked iPhone running software 1.1.3. Ran the gunlock again and it worked - back on software 1.1.3 with BB 4_02_13_G...there was a moment where I thought I'd bricked it whe unloading the com.apple.CommCenter.plist; but all was fine when I reloaded it.

Don't know if that helps; hope it does

Paul

PS - Just got to add that Geohot is a genius!!! Many thanks to him!
    Last edited by psw29uk; 02-09-2008 at 07:50 AM.

cool post not realy what i am looking for but its ok

i dont kno if u notice the unlock leaves u with 1.1.2 bb BB 4_02_13_G not matter which bb u had before my question is if u upgrade to 1.1.3 after the unlock what happens
    ?
    they say its a ipsf style unlock but i want to kno if the bb will change and still be unlocked also