Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do you activate after jailbreaking?

Default how do you activate after jailbreaking?
    Alright so i'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...i just need some help now. I downgraded from 1.1.3 and used jailbreakme.com to unlock. I used MacMan Pro's tutorial (found here: http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum...mac-21739.html)

In independence it says my phone is activated and jailbroken. I'm assuming its at 1.1.1 firmware. In the instructions for the jailbreak it says to update to 1.1.2 you need to plug the phone into the dock and do the update on itunes. When i connect to itunes it says do you want to create a new iphone or restore from my previous unjailbroken last backup. Under those two options it shows my phone number. Which one am i supposed to use. I don't want to lose my contacts and everything...does the restore only have contacts and photos on it or would that bring me back to the not jailbroken 1.1.3 i was running before?

Oh and though in independence it says i'm activated my phone is getting no service as if it isn't. and it says i have an incorrect sim card

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

ok if you click create as new it makes it like you pulled it new out of the box, empty it will have nothing on it
    if you click restore as your old phone you get everything back that offical so no apps but everything else
    contacts photos sms call records notes weather all settings
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs