Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible Bricked 1.1.3...Question/Help Please

Default Possible Bricked 1.1.3...Question/Help Please
    Well okay I think i screwed up I had a perfectly running 1.1.1 jailbroke iphone and decided it was wise to try the "simple" over the air update/jailbreak to 1.1.3. I used the one where you use apptapp to add new source and install the 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 prep where it took about 45 running a terminal script. After that point my phone hung forever in the recovery mode (cable with itunes icon). I than said screw it and recovered to 1.1.3 through itunes. It restored and went through but now i have a iphone that shows the cable and itunes symbol in background with the slide to unlock emergency bar at the bottom.

It is very weird, you would think you would see the stock world background but its the recovery background instead. I connnect to itunes and it gets to accessing itunes and then freezes itunes at the Welcome to Your New iPhone screen.

I have no clue what to do and pretty sure I guess this is what you called a bricked paper weight now. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

[img=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6986/cimg1154wj8.th.jpg]
    Last edited by krutoymuzhik; 02-04-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: image add

Hi!

I've checked the pic u attached and i dont think u bricked it. That screen started to appear in the version 1.1.2 when you have to activate the iphone. WHat you have to do is to jailbreak in order to access the spring board! J

Also what bb do you have?

downgrade to 1.1.1 using recovery mode shift restore then jailbreak and go on from there

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6265i View Post
    Hi!

I've checked the pic u attached and i dont think u bricked it. That screen started to appear in the version 1.1.2 when you have to activate the iphone. WHat you have to do is to jailbreak in order to access the spring board! J

Also what bb do you have?
    What is bb?

The thing is it freezes the itunes activation always anyways. It freezes no matter watch actually and itunes stopes responding. im using itunes 7.6

downgrade to 1.1.1 using recovery mode shift restore then jailbreak and go on from there
    I tryed to recover and it gives me error 1403 everytime and i have tryed 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 off this site.
    Last edited by krutoymuzhik; 02-04-2008 at 10:14 PM.