Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you go through this with me please?

Default Can you go through this with me please?
    Okay, i'm 19 years old so bare with me, i am a complete iphone newbie.
    I purchased an iphone off ebay today, and it is a 8GB 1.1.2.
    I have read all the stickeys and stuff so please don't lock this topic, i really want to make sure I got everything right.
    So after I have jailbroken my iphone for 1.1.2 I can go ahead and use the installer and add whatever sources i need for the anysim. And then go ahead and install the anysim app and restart iphone and thats all?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it an OOB 1.1.2? Is the phone of the same country of purchase to where you are? If not then you cannot software unlock it.

You can purchase a sim adaptor, e.g. turbosim to allow unlcok etc.

basically if you have 1.1.2 you can do something to get it to work. NOTE, do not upgrade via iTunes to 1.1.3 you will lock your phone up and you cannot unlock it anyway to get it to operate as a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    Is it an OOB 1.1.2? Is the phone of the same country of purchase to where you are? If not then you cannot software unlock it.

You can purchase a sim adaptor, e.g. turbosim to allow unlcok etc.

basically if you have 1.1.2 you can do something to get it to work. NOTE, do not upgrade via iTunes to 1.1.3 you will lock your phone up and you cannot unlock it anyway to get it to operate as a phone.
    well I live in cananda, It was ebay'd purchased from the states. so what does that mean?
    Well i'm not going to open the box till i really figer it out.

please coul someone just give me a quick guide?
    maybe give me your aim or your msn?
    thank you

Look at your 4th and 5th number of your serial no. I think anything above 44 or 45 is OTB 1.1.2