+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Last Hope purchased found (used) iphone. Cant call imei locked anything i can do?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I bought an iphone from ebay about a month ago. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=011 I jailbroke it (1.1.2 otb) and finally managed to get a semi working unlock solution from ebay next sim
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Last Hope purchased found (used) iphone. Cant call imei locked anything i can do?
    I bought an iphone from ebay about a month ago.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=011

I jailbroke it (1.1.2 otb) and finally managed to get a semi working unlock solution from ebay next sim v4. However i can only use edge and send texts i cant call!

I started a thread on hackint0sh (as no-one here knew anything)

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27356

and basically i think that o2 have blocked it as a guy had the same issue. The iphone's imei has been blocked by o2 and therefore i cant make calls What can i do? It is currently pretty useless (apart from as a glorified itouch) when a 1.1.2 oth software unlock comes out will this help: as i wont be using a cloned sim and therefore o2 willbe completely irrelevant i will be direclty connected to vodafone. Or maybe vodafone is the one who has blocked the imei

to be slightly more specific : cant receive incoming or make outgoing calls.
    Apparently the calling me say that the call isnt authorised. Its a 1.1.2 otb week 42 o2 iphone (4gb) and im trying to get it to work on vodafone uk

please help this is liturally my last hope

thanks

so does no one have any idea?
    Last edited by alick; 02-02-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Very simple indeed. I spent 1 minute reading ebay listing.

Item was found or was stolen, stated as found. But obvious that the original owner has reported it to the carrier as missing,stolen so they have banned the IMEI from there network, thus why can't make calls from it.

As for IMEI bannings.....its carrier specific...but easy to test, make sure is unlocked and find a freind on a another carreir than try there SIM in the phone and see if phone works. If not she's an iTouch for another reason ( ban unlock, jailbreak ) and try restoring to 1.0.2 and revirginizing
    Last edited by theguyz; 02-02-2008 at 11:23 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to theguyz For This Useful Post:

alick (02-02-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your post. I will test this later. If its iei has been banned for being stolen is there anyay to get it to work?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe this will help... I've never done it or used ZiPhone... iClarified - iPhone - How to Change Your iPhone IMEI with ZiPhone (Windows)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I recommend changing your imei and try using a different carrier...... good luck

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Read: Stolen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Isn't changing your IMEI illegal in the UK? I'm pretty sure it is.