+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone came with 1.1.2 out of box, if I downgrade can I still sim unlock it?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey. I have a iphone with 1.1.2 out of the box. I know it cant be sim unlocked but if i downgrade it to 1.1.1 will the sim unlock be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone came with 1.1.2 out of box, if I downgrade can I still sim unlock it?
    hey. I have a iphone with 1.1.2 out of the box. I know it cant be sim unlocked but if i downgrade it to 1.1.1 will the sim unlock be successful? If so, whats the best tutorial for this? Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure what you are talking about but there is no sim unlock for out of the box 1.1.2 unless you use a turbosim or one of those sim cards and iworld. And i dont believe you can even downgrade to 1.1.1? Downgrading to 1.1.1 is only for jailbreaking your out of the box 1.1.2 iphone.

if you're looking to jailbreak your OTB 1.1.2 heres the guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the response xtasy. So you're saying that even if I downgrade the iphone to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it the sim unlock softwares would still not work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeh cause the sim unlocker requires the older bootloader and theres no way to change your bootloader right now unless you physically open up your phone